Hey guys , 1ST mustang gt

sgt.scared

Feb 19, 2010
I would like to up my ets, but with a limited buget. [it will be a work in progress over time ] its basicly stock now.
i have now..
k n filter
255i fuil pump [ i was tolded when i bought it]
headers
flo masters 2.560 pipe H
273 gears
5 speed
running 235 45 r17 tires
eibach pro lowering kit , Steeda's Caster Camber plates, Sub Frame Connectors

i will drive it every day but will go to the track too.
I dont want to look bad at the track , help me out guys......:shrug:

Thank u all.

Attachments

• IMG_0472.jpg
    IMG_0472.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0471.jpg
    IMG_0471.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 179
  • Sponsors (?)

Driver mod :shrug:

JK :D

I know its more than likely a 255 lph fuel pump. I would say go with 3.73 gear ratio and ditch the 2.73. Good first mod. What are the et's you want? That will help us determine what you should get.

Welcome!

First off :welcome:

Looks like a nice hatch you've got!:nice:

I'd definitely go with a good set of gears and if your budget allows, grab a set of GT-40 heads and intake will also help.

Is your car still running the factory mid-pipe with cats?

Welcome to the site. +1 on the gears and possibly some explorer heads and intake. I saw you said a 355 fuel pump, most likely a 255, in which case fuel delivery is probably not an issue at this point. A set of slicks wont hurt either.

thanks guys . what cam works best with the heads you mention? [ names and size] or do i need 1 ,will factory 1 work well with the heads u mention? o 3.73 or 4.10 for my everyday driver /strip car ???:shrug:

O i updated whats all in or on or underneath my car if thats helps you help me...

5.0 engine series E MFI OHV
trans 5 speed T5OD 2qrbb trans id 2
k n filter
255i fuil pump
headers
flo masters 40s 2.560 pipe H
273 gears limited slip
running 235 45 r17 tires
eibach pro lowering kit , Steeda's Caster Camber plates, Sub Frame Connectors

i would say 3:73s i have 4:10s and a five speed and its quick out of the hole but then thats it i run like 80mph at 3 grand i wish i had just a lil more gear. o and do you live somewhere where you dont need emissions?

a small town in arkansas called paragould of about 20000 or so. Dont think they care around here. My 4 by 4 has blackjack headers and 18 inch glass packs on 2.75 pipes and thats it. What about 3.90 gears ??

O i can bury the 140 mph with 2.73. Dont know what it tops out at since it dont reg any more...but i broke the speed gadge,it moves alittle and bounces to i ld say most of the time its off by 25 or 30 miles an hour now. But the mileage seems to be right still yet.:(

Welcome, and nice looking car man ! :nice: Definetly gears would be a very dramatic improvement. I have 3:55's but I will go with 3:73's if I change them again. If you can get away with an off-road H-Pipe or X-pipe, that would help a lot. Underdrive pulleys are a noticable improvement, as is an electric fan and an aluminum driveshaft. I've never used nitrous, but if you just want to look good at the track, slicks and nitrous would certainly do it. But then the tranny becomes the weak link and possibly the rear end. Good luck !