KB Dyno #s

el_kid_1

Oct 30, 2003
Puerto Rico
Hey guys, just came back from the dyno and here are the official numbers for my recently installed Kenne Bell 9 psi (intercooled) S/C kit. I have to say that I was expecting a little higher numbers. The peak RWHP is 37 HP short from that advertised by KB (405 rwhp to be exact) on a stock engine. The numbers are: 367.9 rwhp and 397.5 rwtq. I think there might be an issue with the chip original tune. The cut-off occurs at 5300 RPMs and the A/F ratio is at 13.5 (is this lean?). What do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

well

with all the mods in your mods list i think your numbers out to be alot higher more like in the 400 rwhp range i seen atleast 4 other peoples set ups just like yours and their tq numbers usually in the 420 ft of tq range and hp in the 400 rwhp range :shrug: . and i think you are running lean you need to get that car looked at before you blow something.

Just for comparison, here are the numbers posted by other proud owners of KB 9 psi intercooled kits:

User RWHP RWTQ
DPDCRUZIN 433 419
02GTBlack 393 421
BC 401 411
fastpony 396 425

They all have the same mods that I have, except for the LT headers and off-road X-Pipe. Something is definitely different in my KB chip tune. Need to call James to figure out what could be wrong.

here are the graphs:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• ELKID1.jpg
    ELKID1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 662
  • ELKID2.jpg
    ELKID2.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 676