Making billet T-5 shifters...need opinions

Black or clear anodizing?

• Black

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Clear

Votes: 29 64.4%

• Total voters
I finally have the first batch (short and tall) from the machine shop and I'm dropping them off at the polisher this afternoon. I'll be ready to ship within a few days.

I'll post pics as soon as they're polished.

• Sponsors (?)

The threads are 12mm-1.75 like pre-'05 late models. I figured that there are a gazillion knob choices that way, from retro to modern, to suit your tastes.

I don't have the final polishing cost yet, but it looks like I'll be able to make the target of $99 for the short handle and $109 for the tall (console) handle.

I'm also going to have some of them black anodized (over the polishing -- it'll look bitchin') and that'll probably add $10.

Regarding logo placement, the sides are now entirely blank (no holes, no logo) and I put the logo on the top face (see pic).

I'm supposed to have them back from the polishing shop on Tuesday and then they'll be ready to ship.

reen_shifter_logos.JPG

I am really interested but I have a custom console and I need to find out if it will interfere with my cup holders. How far back from the mounting point does the shifter handle go and how high is it from the transmission hump with the tranny in 2nd or 4th gear? I am interested in this info for the console version of the shifter. Thanks for the data.

I am really interested but I have a custom console and I need to find out if it will interfere with my cup holders. How far back from the mounting point does the shifter handle go and how high is it from the transmission hump with the tranny in 2nd or 4th gear? I am interested in this info for the console version of the shifter. Thanks for the data.
If you like I can send you a tester just for shipping cost if you'll send it right back afterwards. It won't be polished or the final version, but the shape is the same for fit purposes. Email me if you're interested.

Hey can you answer me this question regarding the shifter??

What are the measurements at the mounting location for both the regular and console versions? I'd like to get one, but I'm planning a custom console in a few months and am trying to figure out which would look the best both in the mean time and once i get the console in.

If it's not really short, the regular would probably work fine.

Please lemme know!

OK they're here and ready to ship! The polishing came out great. It's hard to capture in a photo but here are my best attempts. They should be up on the website for sale by tomorrow night (Friday) but if you can't wait until then you can PayPal me to [email protected]. I don't have a lot of the tall ones so email me ASAP if you want one.

$99 for the regular height
$109 for the tall (console) version

The cheapest/best way to ship them will probably be Priority Mail Flat-Rate box for $8.95.

sshifter1.jpg

tshifter1.jpg

shifter_logo.jpg

Are the black anodized one available as well? This maybe a dumb question but I am planning on using this in a '73 with a console, do I need to use the taller one? I ask because IIRC the console on the '71-'73 sets the arm rest further back.

Are the black anodized one available as well? This maybe a dumb question but I am planning on using this in a '73 with a console, do I need to use the taller one? I ask because IIRC the console on the '71-'73 sets the arm rest further back.
On a '73 I honestly don't know if you'd need the console version or not, but you probably would. If you'd like I can send you the tester after I get it back from another Stangnetter for $5 to cover shipping. E-mail me.

I got the testers and test fitted them to my console equipped '73 today. The prognosis is the console shifter is the way to go. The shorter one will fit however it contacts the console in second and fourth gears.
Also, my tranny is a TKO 600 and the holes line up so if you have a TKO this will work on that as well.
I want mine black anodized. Email was sent Pete.
Thanks!!!!

Bolt hole diameter .375", bolt hole spread .885". I will take one black anodized raised for a console.
It'll fit -- that seems to be the same as the T-5. I'll have the black ano ones on Tuesday and there's one tall one left unspoken for that's yours. I'll get them added to the website over the weekend. It looks like the black anodizing will add $10. I also have the black knobs like in the earlier pics if you're interested.

EDIT: whoops, they're 5-speed knobs so never mind.

It'll fit -- that seems to be the same as the T-5. I'll have the black ano ones on Tuesday and there's one tall one left unspoken for that's yours. I'll get them added to the website over the weekend. It looks like the black anodizing will add $10. I also have the black knobs like in the earlier pics if you're interested.

EDIT: whoops, they're 5-speed knobs so never mind.

Great, it's definitely sold to me. I just wish there would be a natural aluminum 6spd knob for the icing on the cake. I have only found 3/8" threads :bang: