Me vs. Some Imports... who will win????

I know this guy with a 96 Honda Prelude, and a guy i work with who talks all sorts of mess about mustangs and he has a 03 Nissan Sentra se R... They both think they will spank me and im pretty sure i could take them but i just wanna make sure... The prelude has your usual intake and exhaust, its lowered, and he said "i had some computer work done to it and its ****in fast now"... dunno what that means or if its true.... and the Sentra seems stock... it looks like an aftermarket exhaust but sounds stock... but i know these newer imports are gettin pretty quick... Now for me... I got a 90 GT Vert AOD, MAC CAI, BBK Shortys, Bassani o/r x-pipe, Flowmaster Mufflers, Superchip, 28oz Flexplate, 2800 Stall converter... I know the Vert and AOD are gonna kill me but i just wanna know who y'all think would win

• Sponsors (?)

I think a shift kit with the most aggressive settings for your AOD would do wonders. I'd also grab gears, but I'm assuming that it would most likely be one or the other. Gears are great, but if you have no shift kit installed, your AOD is gonna shift at all the wrong times, making gears useless IMO.

Good luck, but I think you're gonna need one or the other to win.

The 05's and newer seem to be the ones to watch out for. They all seem to have over 240hp now a days. Besides most of them wont race you from the dig, only from a roll. Which in your case might be an advantage. Throw it in 1 and do a roll at 35 then go. I like to give them a car length or more from a roll. I just tell em, don't bother honking just go. Then when they do, I just let them waste their gas. They usually say something like dude I smoked you or just flip me off. I tell em, show me a couple hunder and we'll do it. shuts em up everytime.

I agree, the AOD, in a vert with stock gears and just exaust doesn't really add up to very much. You have a stall in there, which if you had a gear and some traction, could make for a easy kill off the line, but I don't know. Prelubes and sentras are pretty slow. If that boy thinks his prelube is fast with just fart can and cold air, and a "tune" then he has no idea what fast is.

Well other than that... im on a tight budget... if i had the money for a 5 speed and all the parts i wouldnt hesitate... so any weight decreasing what could i do?? I heard taking that support bar for your foglamps takes off like 50lbs... a friend of mine pulled it off his and said he could barely hold it up when it came off

Sentra SE-R Spec V vs. my SVT Focus was a very tight race. I came out ahead because it was a drivers races. Stock my focus is only supposed to run, at best with a great driver, 15.2 in the 1/4 mile. So if the SE-R is still stock and not a Spec V you should be fine. I have a 95 GT with exhaust, CAI and coil and wires and it eats my focus alive.

Good luck anyhow.

you could take out your spare tire or donut and jack, along with anything else in your trunk. Try not to have a whole lot of gas, and don't eat anything the day of the race. Hopefully taking stuff out of the back doesn't make you lose traction.

Ok first of all my friend has a 2004 sentra se r spec v with full exhaust including a header (edit: i wrote headers like a dumbass)and he also has a cold air. With the mods i have in my car now as is i spank the crap out of him. Right now from a roll i even keep up with my friends STI the only time i fall back is at 100 and over. When i get gears i should be able to beat him. so dont worrry about the sentra at all.

Edit: I also raced my friends 2005 V6 accord and those are suppose to run low 15 sec. stock 1/4 mile and he has only a CAI so it is pretty much stock and i absolutely raped him, it wasnt even a race. That was also me spinning my tires through first