Me vs. Some Imports... who will win????

• Sponsors (?)

smittyb said:
So an AOD with an aftermarket VB is not still an AOD? I don't get it.
BTW, I just saw this-

btw my mods :

TFS kit (TFS stage1), stock injectors/maf/TB
TKO 600
31 spline with 4.10s and auburn.
Other misc bolt ons like full exhaust

You have a lot of faith in the TFS kit to be telling random people to bring money.

I have a bottle sitting about 5 feet from me.

I refer to STOCK autos as AOD's. That good enough for you or are you going to cry more about ur auto?

Aliate X said:
AOD stangs are really slow.
Whoo buddy, watch what your sayin about the little AOD, i spank the crap out of all sorts of Mustangs in my AOD. Unless you think 10's are slow? I dunno lol? NOW a STOCK AOD is slow i will definately agree with that.
This guy needs some 4:10 gears, that with his stall converter will probably do the trick. IF NOT add a little nitrous and annaliate them!

We have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUCD 5.0 said:
Whoo buddy, watch what your sayin about the little AOD, i spank the crap out of all sorts of Mustangs in my AOD. Unless you think 10's are slow? I dunno lol? NOW a STOCK AOD is slow i will definately agree with that.
Wait, you mean your's isn't stock? Cause that means it is not an AOD anymore, right? :D I guess you'd better cahnge your sig.

smittyb said:
We have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait, you mean your's isn't stock? Cause that means it is not an AOD anymore, right? :D I guess you'd better cahnge your sig.
I'm not sure i'm folloing what your saying. My AOD is stock with a shift kit and i have a 3000 stall. That guy has a 2800 stall so the only thing i have tranny wise different is a shift kit. So why the hell would i change my sig?

smittyb said:
Why is that? Does it magically turn into another model of transmission when the owner installs a shift kit and/or a converter?

Does that mean a T-5 isn't a T-5 anymore if the owner installs an aftermarket shifter or a high performance clutch? :shrug:

Feel free to explain your reasoning? :scratch:

foxstang9050 said:
I know this guy with a 96 Honda Prelude, and a guy i work with who talks all sorts of mess about mustangs and he has a 03 Nissan Sentra se R... They both think they will spank me and im pretty sure i could take them but i just wanna make sure... The prelude has your usual intake and exhaust, its lowered, and he said "i had some computer work done to it and its ****in fast now"... dunno what that means or if its true.... and the Sentra seems stock... it looks like an aftermarket exhaust but sounds stock... but i know these newer imports are gettin pretty quick... Now for me... I got a 90 GT Vert AOD, MAC CAI, BBK Shortys, Bassani o/r x-pipe, Flowmaster Mufflers, Superchip, 28oz Flexplate, 2800 Stall converter... I know the Vert and AOD are gonna kill me but i just wanna know who y'all think would win

Well I spanked an "Si" Prelube with suspension and engine mods with my stock 3.1L V6 Corsica which had bad spark plugs and a nasty air filter. So those prelubes don't impress me at all!

Don't forget what "HONDA" stands for: "Hold On, Not Done Accelerating" :D

man, truly, not all aod's are slow. it's just like everyone's saything though; your aod+vert+stock gear combo is what's getting ya. my MOM drives a spec v sentra, and believe me, they are lame. the prelude is what i'd be more worried about. regardless, you should be able to take them as is though. but definetly, your next two investments should be some 4:10's and a t5 swap. they'll make the biggest difference to your car as it is right now.

good luck with the race!

CAMAROEATER01 said:
JUCD 5.0 what shift kit do you have I am in the market for one?
I have had the B&M shift kit for quite some time. I have a ton of power and the car will run 10's with a good tranny cooperating but i think its to much for a stock AOD, i put the B&M shift kit in, added a 3000 B&M stall converter and a tranny cooler and it lasted me quite a while and i tear the ***** out of it on a daily basis. BUT it blew last year so i bought a Trans GO shift kit, a bit more exppensive but we will see how it goes? Havent installed it yet because i'm overseas. What i NEED to do is just send the money and quit screwing around and buy a Lintech transmission. I hear they hold up nicely!
If you dont have much to spend just go with a B&M works pretty good, but if want a better shift kit go with the trans go.

hi guys, i dont mean to jump in but i have a 98 SHO and i'v killed a moded V6prelude like three times that night, till the guy ran off home, and my LX beats up my SHO in the 1/4 so easy...

am planning to put on a sticker that says (V-Tech THIS!!) on my mustangs rear window.......

5.0:hail2:

:mad: Jesus!!!!!!! I was refering to this post:
Aliate X said:
as in AOD, I was refering to stock AOD's, anytime someone has a stock auto in a 5.0 around here, its an AOD, anything else is a built auto or just an auto.
Does no one actually read the entire post around here?
According to the theory above, you would have to change your sig from AOD to "built auto". Get it?
So apparently I don't have an AOD either, else wise it would be slow.

smittyb said:
Does no one actually read the entire post around here?
According to the theory above, you would have to change your sig from AOD to "built auto". Get it?
So apparently I don't have an AOD either, else wise it would be slow.
Oh, we heard ya, but your theory is full of holes. You stated that modifying your transmission didn’t make it an AOD anymore?!? I've got a built AOD (4R70W actually) and it consists of a lot more than just the use of a shift kit like your average Stanger has. One doesn't even need to remove the transmission from the vehicle to install a shift improvement kit and it can be done right there in your driveway. And even then, that's considered "minimal" or even "essential" mods. Once you get into a serious aftermarket piece with a manual valve body, modified pump, trans-brake, hardened input/output shafts along with a host full of other goodies....all this while the case itself is wrapped in a steel scatter shield, then you can consider your transmission...."Modified" or “After Market”….and I haven’t even gotten into torque converter selection. Hell, I've got more work and money into just my torque converter than most AOD owners have into their entire transmission. :D

Like I said, a shift kit and a transmission cooler it's no more considered a serious modification on an AOD, than a 5-speed with an aftermarket shifter and/or heavy duty clutch! It's just common practice. If an owner wants to consider their or someone else’s transmission “built” because it’s got a shift kit in it, I’d say it was more for bragging purposes than anything. Yes a stock AOD sucks from a performance aspect, but so what…..a stock T5 sucks too! A lot of components on Fox Mustangs, or Mustangs in general suck, that’s why we hate ‘em and love ‘em at the same time! It gives us something to play with and bitch to our buddies about on one hand and also gives you that sense of accomplishment and pride when you swap it out. C’mon….don’t tell me I’m the only guy here who thought swapping out a K&N filter into his car as a first mod was a really big deal at the time. :D