Build Thread Mustang5L5's Build Thread -

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I'm guessing they didn't note the change on the website? Will they work with you to try to make this right or are you on your own?

They didn't note it, but admitted to me it was meant to be a new refresh of the wheel. Different color spoke, different logo on the wheel, but the same profile. They said they will take the wheel back but shipping is on me. I'm fine with that. Just waiting on details.

Going to just return it and then just hold. I want to get the '00 cleaned up and driving first so I can enjoy a few more months of good weather and then i'll jump back to the fox.

OK. So i sent some pics to Cosmis about the color difference. Since i was using my email with my username, they asked what car I was putting these on. So i sent a pic of my Fox.

Cosmis is going to send me 3 more wheels free of charge, in exchange for some pics they can use for social media and marketing purposes. I couldn't turn that down.

SOOOOO..... I'm going to stick my polished '01 Cobra wheels on the '00 GT, and get tires for these wheels ordered up shortly.

• Hell Yeah!
  • Winner
Reactions: 7 users
Wow...thats customer service right there. Well...you do have a very nice car, sir. You deserve some appreciation. Hard work does pay off sometimes.:hail:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Wow!!!!!! That’s the best customer service I have ever heard of! Good for you! Congrats!
I don't call that customer service, I call it " being in the right place at the right time"... We used to call it " timing" when I was an outside sales rep for a manufacturer...
Walked into a multimillion dollar account one day who really didn't give me much time. ( as a matter of fact when I pulled up out front in their parking lot this day I almost started my car back up and left, rather than waste my time).( I always left some brochures when I made a sales call and this place actually " frisbee'd" them back at me).. When I finally walked in, the two owners told me that they had been waiting for me as their existing supplier had set up the new Home Depot in town...... Timing and luck.... They signed up with me and became one of my best customers......

Congrats on the wheel deal.......

Last edited:
I agree with limp. That was just good timing.

They rereleased the line, and i'm prob one of the first to buy that particular wheel. 99% of the Mustangs they feature have the black versions, so I went with something different with the gunmetal finish. More or less they saw some pics of my car, and want me to post some social media stuff with the wheels and basically advertise for them.

Right place, right time, and have a good vehicle to market the wheels with. I've got a decent IG following, and growing Youtube Channel, so really it's no big deal to start to use my car in such a way.

Now i need to get some tires. I've been thinking about sizes and am not going to do anything crazy. I just want to make sure it all clears.

18x9 up front. 245/40/18 seems to be close to stock size. I'm currently running a 235/45/17 up there so thats's 25" in OD. Clears well, no rub. Upfortunately I can't find a good size to run in 18" that's close unless i go 255/35/18. Need to decide ASAP i guerss

Ok. Just got shipping confirmation on the 3 wheels. Guess this is really happening. Need to dial in my tire sizes now. I’ll get the fronts mounted next week and then use that to judge my rear sizes

Ac clutch for the new edge showed up. Can’t install it because…

IMG_4003.jpeg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 3 users
Ok. Just got shipping confirmation on the 3 wheels. Guess this is really happening. Need to dial in my tire sizes now. I’ll get the fronts mounted next week and then use that to judge my rear sizes

Ac clutch for the new edge showed up. Can’t install it because…

IMG_4003.jpeg
Your yard is flooded?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Emailed on the wheels. The Gunmetal color is no longer a match. It's completely new. Looks like i'll need to return that wheel.

I'll need to track down two of the older wheels, or sell the two I have and pick up four of the newer ones. A little disappointed, but the color difference is enough that I can't run 2 + 2 of each.
Two darker ones on pass side and two lighter ones on drivers side.??
Late to the party again, dam it! Nice score on the rims.

Last edited:
Ok. All wheels received.

Ordered myself up two front tires that will be getting mounted tomorrow. Went with 245/45/18. I'll mount rears next week, but I just wanted to toss one of these on the rear and get a sense of fit so i can see how wide i can go out back and if i need a spacer.

Debating if i show pics as I progress....or just wait to the end and do a final reveal?

The polished wheels will be going on the '00 GT as the tires on that are 10 years old and junk. Problem is the tires on those wheels are summer performance tires and such under 50 degrees. I need a set of all-seasons as i plan on driving it up until salt hits the roads. needless to say, in the fall i'll be getting another set of tires for the Bullitt wheels to put on the car. Not sure i'm going to run the 01 polished wheels on it. I really like these cars with Bullitt wheels.

Bisselled the hell out of the carpet. I love that little machine

Status
Not open for further replies.