My setup i'll be getting within a couple of months!

charlesw6954

Founding Member
May 3, 2002
Mo
Here is what i think might work good.
73mm maf
65mm tb
tmoss ported lower intake
thumper ported heads
e-303 camshaft
190 lph fuel pump
adjustable fpr

then later on ill be getting a 75 shot of nitrous

all of this stuff i will easily be able to get because its not that expensive. just a little more than $1500 for all that stuff besides the nitrous.

so my question is would that camshaft be a good choice or something different? also that fuel pump would be enough right? most likely yes.

• Sponsors (?)

Oh yea also please give me some tips on taking off the efi intake manifold (since i have never replaced an efi manifold just a carb'd manifold), tips on taking the heads off (i have taken heads off but never put any heads on) and and putting new ones back on, also tips on taking cam out and putting it back in and lining up the timing chain with cam (never done that before). any help will be appreciated!

oh by the time i do this h/c/i swap i will have a peice of crap 2.3 liter mustang to drive back and fourth to work. so i will be able to take my time doing this.

yea

Intake- unbolt fuel rail lines from the lower..8mm bolts.. be carefull not to damage o rings on the injectors when pulling it.. also make sure when reinstalling all the injectors are properly seated..Use rtv sealant on head to lower gasket wherever there is water passage port. Torque the lower intake with proper torque sequence.. Heads.. Put rtv sealant on new head bolts to seal them(they travel into water passages and could become rusted..put motor oil ontop of the underside of the head of the bolt to keep it from binding and giving you false readings with torque wrench.. Use a torque wrench with proper torque sequence...that is all good luck :flag: