Overheating at hwy speeds

• Sponsors (?)

Worked very well, it's a common mod for guys who race road-course/ auto-x...

Um as for a part# I would have to dive way way back in my thread to find it....

20161120_163821_optimized.jpg
20161120_142432_optimized.jpg
20161120_164134_optimized.jpg
20161120_164150_optimized.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
The most recent electric fan controller that I purchased was set to turn on at 160 degrees. Also I used a 190 thermostat. So the set-up included a manual fan on the backside of the radiator and an electric fan on the front. This was in a "parade" car so the green wire on the electric controller for the AC feed was wired to the brake light switch. Think of that part of it this way, get stopped at a traffic light, the electric fan is always on. Your application sounds a little different. Cruising down the Highway at 70 MPH.

If you dont have an air dam on the car, you are not cooling above 35mph.

oem the fans turn off above 35-40mph and rely on the air dam to create negative pressure behind the radiator, this pulls huge amounts of air through the radiator at speed.
I have my fan shut off above 35mph with my standalone ecu, the fan will actually impede airflow above 35 mph

Get a Pyrometer(not that expensive) and get real time results(you can spot check radiator areas, hoses, etc.), and it comes in handy around the house too.

UPDATE...
I purchased a three core aluminum radiator from American Muscle(SR PERFORMANCE) $199.99
Problem solved. Runs super cool at all times. When i turn AC to max air while on the hwy, the temp rises quite a bit, but levels out before it gets too hot. I'm thinking that that air deflector under the radiator(thats missing) will fix that problem little issue.
Thanks for all your help and advice