Paint code for 2001 SVT 5 spoke wheels

SnowDrift

Jul 8, 2010
I'm in search of a paint code or other useful information that would help me find the right color to repaint my wheels. The wheels are the 5 spoke 17x8 on the 2001 SVT Cobra. They're not the "funnel" spoke, but are the smooth tapered spoke that was offered in a polished (clear coated) finish as well as a painted silver finish.

If that description doesn't work, then a person can go to Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market and pick a 2001 Ford Mustang. Pick display with images and it's the 8th wheel from the top "17x8 (5 spokes), Cobra, painted (silver sparkle)", although the one pictured is polished, instead of painted.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

• Sponsors (?)

Have you tried calling Ford/SVT and asking them ? :shrug: 1-800-ford-svt (now referred to as "Ford Performance Group")

Out of all the literature that I have saved from the 2001 models, I do not recall them ever releasing any specific "paint codes" for the color of those wheels...

G'luck :cheers:

No, I had not. I just called though, and was told they get asked that question all the time and they have no information on it. I was hoping someone here had done a repair or something, that could give me another code to use that came out the same. I would hate to lose the "brightness" of that silver that is on those wheels if I picked the wrong shade of silver, which I have done before.