Project "Face Off": 1980 Mercury Capri aero to four eye Progress Thread!

• Sponsors (?)

^ you make it sound like it doesnt look like a mustang :rlaugh:

I guess going on that point if people took Firechicken and put Camero nose on them they would be a Camero right? hmmmm Or take a Tahoe and trans plant a Escalade front end it would be an Escalade right?.......

Leave the car as it was designed, if you want a mustang get one, dont butcher a production car that is becoming harder and harder to find....

This is just my opinion thats all.... :rock:

I guess going on that point if people took Firechicken and put Camero nose on them they would be a Camero right? hmmmm Or take a Tahoe and trans plant a Escalade front end it would be an Escalade right?.......

Leave the car as it was designed, if you want a mustang get one, dont butcher a production car that is becoming harder and harder to find....

This is just my opinion thats all.... :rock:

I love your opinion. I think I'll marry it. :drool:

Its really all about preference and what you like. Alot of people who have Tahoe's swap escalade front ends - thats a pretty common swap. They do it for the look. Not saying i like capri-aero swaps but in some instances I think they look fantastic.

Take Matt for example (svt32vdohc). He took an 81 and made it look like an 87-93 car with 2001 interior/engine/drivetrain. Even though it wasn't a capri-mustang swap some still called him a "hack" cause he did it. I personally don't think it was a "hack" at all..

Anywhoo - Get some pics up Lynn wanna seeeee ittt some more! :)

:puke:

besides the fact that its bastardized, painted window frames suck and the wheels are terrible

as usual, a converted car that just plain doesnt look right.

LOL!!! Mr. i dont have a mustang and drive a piece of crap ex-cop car cause i sold my piece of crap honda to my sister ... your opinion on the matter doesnt count, get a stang/capri, keep it bone stock and then talk, what doesnt look rite? you dont like aero stangs, or you dont like capri fenders, or you just like to jump on the bandwagon and back up the general consensus?

This is just my opinion thats all....

I see what you are trying to say, but i believe you didnt read my original post's. First of all, i didnt want a mustang, or a Capri... i have already had 2 stangs and i really dont like the stock capri look... i wanted a stang with capri fender flares... so thats what i made. As for leaving the car as it was designed... HAVE YOU TAKEN A LOOK AT THE CAR HOBBY???? its all about changing whatever comes from the factory that you arent happy with to your liking/taste... you even have a mods list in your sig, way to be blatantly hypocritical, i know that in 82, capri's did not come factory equiped with "69 302 bored 30 over, Comp Cams 270H, 1.6 RR, Holley 700 DP, JBA shorties, T5, 3.73 8.8 Rear" shoulda left the car as it was designed, too bad you butchered a production car that is becomming harder and harder to find... on that note it would be a crushed paperweight if i would have left it the way the factory designed, atleast it would have had the propper bumpers on it when crushed, rite?

what kind of factory was that?
It was a grain elevator, for storing/shipping grain, either by truck or boat. Its on the shore of Lake Superior, there are like 3 abandoned ones side by side... crazy stuff you can walk around em, go into the buildings and everything... If i was a hobo in those parts that would be my mansion LOL!

Dude, if you're just going to keep on bitching and moaning, then GTFO, already. Quit hijacking this thread, and just go start your own damned thread if you have to keep harping on the issue. You like your car, fine, that's cool, but don't get all butt-hurt because not everyone shares your love for converted "Capristangs." She started this as a progress thread to show the process of undoing that which was done to her car by her ex ... NOT to go on and on with the four-eye VS Aero or swapped VS unswapped debate. :notnice:

say whatever, I am just glad you left the bubble hatch off of it.

It's an '80 model - they didn't have bubble hatches on Capris during that year. The hatch that's on it right now is the same one it rolled off the factory assembly line with back in the day.

I'm not wild about bubble hatches, myself, but I do like the looks of the rear bumper and tail lights on those years. I think an '86 Capri RS with a flat hatch would look quite nice... :drool:

LOL!!! Mr. i dont have a mustang and drive a piece of crap ex-cop car cause i sold my piece of crap honda to my sister ... your opinion on the matter doesnt count, get a stang/capri, keep it bone stock and then talk, what doesnt look rite? you dont like aero stangs, or you dont like capri fenders, or you just like to jump on the bandwagon and back up the general consensus?

Wow, insecure much?

No, I dont like your car. I think it is a waste of a Capri. Yes its yours and you can do what you like, but I think its a hunk of crap.

This thread was about reversing a conversion back to what it should have been, what was the point in coming in a posting pics of your abomination? Normally I wouldnt have said anything but to me you stuck your nose where it didnt belong in posting those pictures. That is more the reason why I expressed my opinion so candidly.

I have owned 14 Mustangs in my life so I'd say I am more than educated on the issue and my opinion carries some weight with it.

This is one of the coolest, most unique progress threads on here. Don't ruin it with your junk.

We now return to your regularly scheduled programming....

Dude, if you're just going to keep on bitching and moaning, then GTFO, already. Quit hijacking this thread, and just go start your own damned thread if you have to keep harping on the issue. You like your car, fine, that's cool, but don't get all butt-hurt because not everyone shares your love for converted "Capristangs." She started this as a progress thread to show the process of undoing that which was done to her car by her ex ... NOT to go on and on with the four-eye VS Aero or swapped VS unswapped debate. :notnice:

THANK YOU.

There's a dude locally that has an RS front end that she really wants. Unfortunately, it's an '86 model, so it's got a bubble hatch rear, so there's no 3-piece spoiler to score off that car. The whale tail bugs me mostly for the fact that it holds a friggin' lake of water and leaves these really ugly water lines when it dries in the sun out here. Doesn't look too bad on a hatchback Fox, IMO, but yeah, a 3-piece spoiler off of, say, an '82 or '83 GT or a '79 Pace Car would look 10x better. :nice: