Rear gas tank and front tilt hood pics..

You know you can spray base over properly prepped primer right? Sometime sealer is a bigger pain to work with and one less step to worry about when painting.

Yeah its a pain. an extra step but I already have it so might as well use it. Need the practice anyways.lol....I will post some pictures later. I did some work yesterday found some small minor high spots on shaved doors and where mirror goes, someone must of hit it when they were on.and found a low spot where i shaved my gas tank.. But no rust at all!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Heres some pictures. I sanded the whole car. Will need to reprime one last time to check for more dents and to fill in the tiny litttle scratches and pin holes made from the sandpaper. Had to fix up the front bumper it had minor cracks in it. (Its fiberglass) Will never buy one again........The rear bumper looks good does not sag.Theres a picture where I fixed the rear side where the gas door used to be..Fixed up the hood It flew off going 20mph a year ago and chipped the edges and had to fix that. Used some new fiberglass mat and resin... I think It looks pretty straight, Let me know what you think.
primer025.jpg

primer023.jpg

primer022.jpg

primer021.jpg

primer020.jpg

primer018.jpg

You gonna be able to get the front bumper to align on the bottom? Also does the gap on the hood go away with the hood pins?

You gonna be able to get the front bumper to align on the bottom? Also does the gap on the hood go away with the hood pins?
Yes they align. I had to work it a little the extensions look off because their not bolted on , they are loose just hanging off one bolt and the hood has a rag in the front where the latch goes, I don't have my latch on yet and didn't want to hit something in the front.Thats why it looks higher.

nice job. I just looked this all over again. I def think this came out much better then i thought it was going to as well.

Being I built 3 cars myself I know the amount of time and effort you put in this project. I also see you get down to business as there are times your posting daily about this. I cant wait to see it all done.
A Black paint job as a backyard guy is a ballsy move as it shows every lil flaw. But it looks like you've doen this before.

Keep up the great work.:nice:

Shed came out nice also!

PS on a side note what's up with the block fences in AZ?

nice job. I just looked this all over again. I def think this came out much better then i thought it was going to as well.

Being I built 3 cars myself I know the amount of time and effort you put in this project. I also see you get down to business as there are times your posting daily about this. I cant wait to see it all done.
A Black paint job as a backyard guy is a ballsy move as it shows every lil flaw. But it looks like you've doen this before.

Keep up the great work.:nice:

Shed came out nice also!

PS on a side note what's up with the block fences in AZ?

Thanks. I've never done something this big including my shed Its a first..Yes black show many flaws thats why its probably taking me longer than I thought.I need to take my fenders of to put one more line that goes to the line lock. I will take pictures because I forgot to post some up..Yesterday I worked on my front bumper some more I noticce the front left side is of a little where the extesion goes.Its of about 1/2 an inch. I will fix that today. Girl is off today so might give me some time to work on the stang. Its going to be 108* today so we'll see how it goes....

And about the brick walls . Thats how there building the new homes over here with a 6 feet wall. I guess Its ok. give more privacy on the upside, On the downside I can't see my neighbor in her pool.......:D..........(But wait my shed is kind of high,,,,, I think is missing a shingle might go up there to take a look).....:nice:

Wow looking good, this car has come a long ways, I remember seeing it when riceslayer was doing his engine bay. I wish I could paint and do my own body work, I just don't understand the whole concept on how to sand and do bondo and all that :(

Wow looking good, this car has come a long ways, I remember seeing it when riceslayer was doing his engine bay. I wish I could paint and do my own body work, I just don't understand the whole concept on how to sand and do bondo and all that :(

Its not that hard is just following the instructions on the supplies.Yes we started around the same time,, But he was done a long time ago..MONEY TALKS!!!!!!! I'm just a poor average guy with a mortgage and kids.......

Took my fenders off. I just want to clean up some things.I need to finish up the wiring and one more brake line that goes to the line loc. forgot I never posted some pictures of my line loc..Need to do this before I do any more painting. Some wires are just hanging I need to tuck them in nicer...
innerfender007.jpg

innerfender008.jpg

innerfender009.jpg

I want to mount my 6al in the same spot as you, I am not sure if this was asked but did you put that bracket behind it on, or is that factory? I havent taken my fenders off yet to look in there.

I want to mount my 6al in the same spot as you, I am not sure if this was asked but did you put that bracket behind it on, or is that factory? I havent taken my fenders off yet to look in there.
I actually made a bracket as big as the msd box the bent it about 1/2 inch just enough room to put the bolts on for the mounts. I welded the bracket..heres a closer picture
msd004.jpg

msd002.jpg

Heres some pictures of my front bumper.. I have been working on it these two days I had taken off my fenders to finish up my wiring and line loc but needed some other stuff so I put my fenders and bumper on,, I hate fiberglass.. things don't line up ....as you can see in my pictures it was of by like 1/2 in in one side and bottom of extension. I align it the best I could then fixed the problem......
BEFORE
Picture008-3.jpg

innerfender006.jpg

Picture009-2.jpg

Picture006-1.jpg

I sanded down the bumper as close to the fender as I could .looks better than before
fender016.jpg

fender019.jpg

fender028.jpg

fender029.jpg

I put tape on the fender so I would not get bondo on it.Then I put bondo along the bumper edge where the it meets the fender over lapping the tape before it dried just at the point where you can touch it with out being sticky I used a blade and slid it between the fender and bumper. I used this...its strong and has small fiberglass strands..
fender034.jpg

fender035.jpg

Picture012-1.jpg

then took the tape of this is how it looked
fender038.jpg

fender037.jpg

I sand most of it off this is how it looked this side wasn't that bad
fender040.jpg

This side neded another small coat
fender039.jpg
I will post some more pictures later I going to finish it up now.....

Well i am not sure but if that bondo dries hard the flexible bumper cover will crack it at some point. I too had these same issues what i did was to have a buddy push and tug on the bumper cover as i tightened those areas all the way down the fender line. Also you can install the fenders and bumper cover as a unit and then pick it up and install it as a whole. You need buddies to do this but it may have helped too.

Well i am not sure but if that bondo dries hard the flexible bumper cover will crack it at some point. I too had these same issues what i did was to have a buddy push and tug on the bumper cover as i tightened those areas all the way down the fender line. Also you can install the fenders and bumper cover as a unit and then pick it up and install it as a whole. You need buddies to do this but it may have helped too.

I don't have a flexible bumper cover,, Its fiber glass so its hard.. You can only adjust it to a sertain point, thats why I neded to fix it. It shouldn't crack unless I hit something or something hits me............LOL....Well I finally finished my wiring not pretty but should be ok. Nobody is going to look there...I put the last brake line. I also made the hole for my power pipe,, i should of cut it before i painted my engine bay, but oh well,, just had to be careful not to mess up the paint...
Picture015.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture019.jpg