slow90coupe's NOTCH BUILD THREAD!!!

• Sponsors (?)

todays progress..
put in my sway bar
DSCN1325.jpg

painted my thermostat
DSCN1330.jpg

put together my intake. i studded 2 upper to lower bolts too.
DSCN1329.jpg

heres my cam!!!
DSCN1328.jpg

i also wired my battery cables and did all my grounds. and then i put in my battery temporarily
DSCN1327.jpg

painted my other VC
DSCN1331.jpg

i touched up all of my rock chips too.
i sanded the letters off of my fan shroud and painted it
DSCN1334.jpg

annnnndddddddddddddd
heres some wheel **** for you guys! got some 295s mounted on the greg welds today!
DSCN1318.jpg

DSCN1320.jpg

DSCN1321.jpg

DSCN1335.jpg

DSCN1337.jpg

DSCN1339.jpg

DSCN1340.jpg

DSCN1342.jpg

these are gonna be going on saturday i think!
357copy.jpg

^^^ lol
today officially sucked. i had to go to school on a saturday because we were out of school for 4 DAYS for 1 INCH of snow. when i got home i spent some quality time on the Greg Welds. i decided to keep them bc they fit the cars look so good. i polished them up really good, and put them back on and pushed the car out for a buttload of pics. i layed the hood on there as well. i have some BBK LTs and some rear coilovers otw so the rear stance will be low soon. anyways, heres some pics.
DSCN1351.jpg

DSCN1359.jpg

DSCN1352.jpg

DSCN1360.jpg

DSCN1364.jpg

mmm:) dat ass
DSCN1368.jpg

DSCN1369.jpg

DSCN1372.jpg

DSCN1373.jpg

DSCN1375.jpg

DSCN1380.jpg

fitment is close lol
DSCN1382.jpg

DSCN1387.jpg

DSCN1391.jpg

DSCN1388.jpg

DSCN1394.jpg

DSCN1396.jpg

the front looks pretty low and mean now too!!!
DSCN1362.jpg

i need opinions on this look. and tell me what kind of wheels you would like to see on it next. ive got a set of 17" nittos waiting for some wheels :)

I think it looks great, just like that! If it were me, I'd stop spending money on wheels and drop that engine in there! IMO a man needs two sets of wheels, one for the track, one for the street....:nice:

I think it looks great, just like that! If it were me, I'd stop spending money on wheels and drop that engine in there! IMO a man needs two sets of wheels, one for the track, one for the street....:nice:

+2! the only thing thats holding me up is my F***ing heads. they have been at the machine shop since october. all i wanted was them checked over and a broken stud fixed. if i had them in my possession the car would be running the day that i got them back.
i am trying to sell the 03 cobras now. if anybody is interested LMK!

Call the shop and tell them you'd like to have your heads. A lot of times machine shops will put you on the back burner if they have other jobs they can make more money on, or if they are doing work for their buddies. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, START SQUEAKIN! You'd be surprised what speaking up can get you. BTW, you showed in your pics that you'd put your radiator in. If it's still in there, better pull it back out or it will be damaged for sure while installing that motor. Rad should be one of the last things in. Looks great, I started wrenching when I was your age, and that was 26 years ago. keep up the good work, one day you'll be giving advice to a young person!:nice:

Call the shop and tell them you'd like to have your heads. A lot of times machine shops will put you on the back burner if they have other jobs they can make more money on, or if they are doing work for their buddies. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, START SQUEAKIN! You'd be surprised what speaking up can get you. BTW, you showed in your pics that you'd put your radiator in. If it's still in there, better pull it back out or it will be damaged for sure while installing that motor. Rad should be one of the last things in. Looks great, I started wrenching when I was your age, and that was 26 years ago. keep up the good work, one day you'll be giving advice to a young person!:nice:

trust me, i have. every week or so i have called and have progressively gotten more and more firm with them. i told him that if he didnt have them done before feb. then i am going to go over there and stand by my heads, and i will not leave until they are put back together and ready to be put back on. when i told him this, he promised me that they would be done, and he lowered the price a lot. he still will never get my business again. and the rad is only 2 bolts so i just stuck it in there to see how it looks :nice:

thanks guys!

heres todays progress...
i got my rear coilovers today early, so i figured i would start messing around with that.
first, i finished up polishing my tensioner and painting the alt. bracket
DSCN1409.jpg

DSCN1412.jpg

i have quite the wheel collection going on right now... got to get rid of a few sets!
DSCN1397.jpg

heres the coilovers
DSCN1413.jpg

i had to cut off the dust shield...
DSCN1414.jpg

i decided that now was the best time to take out the catback... so i went for it! the dang thing was a PITA to get out, but i eventually got it out. i bought a pair of flowmaster dumps, and plan to cut the tailpipes off the magnaflows so i can alternate sounds occasionally..
DSCN1420.jpg

springs out...
DSCN1415.jpg

and.... theyre in!
DSCN1418.jpg

DSCN1419.jpg

DSCN1421.jpg

heres a pic of the mess thats in the trunk of the car. i need to do something back there to clean up the look, and prolly get a truck box for the sub so i will have room for school stuff
DSCN1422.jpg

heres as low as i could go for now... i still have about 5 or 6 turns left all around the car, but i couldnt go any lower because of the lift being in the way. so... yea the car is pretty low! i will slam it tomorrow. i cant wait!!!
DSCN1424.jpg

DSCN1426.jpg

DSCN1428.jpg

DSCN1432.jpg

DSCN1429.jpg

DSCN1436.jpg

DSCN1437.jpg

DSCN1440.jpg

i must say it feels good to have done all the work this car by myself (except for pulling the motor). now since this project is almost done, im looking around for a cheap roller to make into a long term project car...

I haven't been following this thread, but if you looking for a quarter for that passenger side, check out tabco soon. They only stamp once a year, and have some in now. Should be less than 200 to your door. I'm getting mine in this week.

Personally I would try to keep the tail pipes, if I were you.

How much are you looking to get for the 03 Cobra's? 9 Inches wide, right?

i want my car to be really loud and i love the sound of dumps... much more aggressive IMO. im looking to get $800 out of the cobras. they are 17x9 all around.

well i got the 03s on today... i think they look pretty good on there. i adjusted the stance to about how i want it to be. its pretty low!!! my next wheel/tire combo is going to be some black DD 10th anniversaries.
heres some pics
coupe876.jpg

coupe875.jpg

coupe873.jpg

coupe871.jpg

coupe869.jpg

coupe865.jpg

coupe861.jpg

coupe862.jpg

my mom wanted me to take a pic with my car lol.. this shows how small the car is! im 5'11" so... the car is only like 4.5 ft.
View attachment 198792