Spoiler Delete

• Sponsors (?)

I took mine off this weekend and used the plugs as well. Only 4 holes and they are not that noticable.

I managed to clean the area around 1 post completely, but i still have the ring around the other side.

Also, there was literally 2 cupfuls of water in the wing. I couldn't get it out, so i drilled a tiny hole in the bottom legs of the wing and drained it out. The whole inside was practically filled. How does water get inside there?

I'm on the fence about the no-wing look. I think these cars look good both ways. If i had 18" bullitts and lowered the car, i'd leave it wingless. But i think i need a wing for now. I'll leave it off, but i'm looking for a black mach 1 wing to put on for now

I'm split on wingless or not, I think I'll probably leave it on until I find a replacement deck lid (CF maybe) or get a Saleen style wing.

Have you tried polishing compound? I don't know how thick the clear coat is on these cars but a light polish job may get rid of the ring left by the posts.

FallenPhoenix said:
Have you tried polishing compound? I don't know how thick the clear coat is on these cars but a light polish job may get rid of the ring left by the posts.

Good idea. I have some too. I'll try that tomorrow. The 4 plugs are really not that bad. I don't mind them. It's the dirt ring that needs to go.

twogts4us said:
I wonder what the cost would be? And what would they fill it with? I mean, the holes, IMO, are too big to simply be filled with filler, plus the trunk is fiberglass or plastic or whatever...ya can't simply weld em. So, I dunno... :shrug: ...I'd think filler would crack over time, especially on a horizontial surface, where it is baked by the FL sun.
Stangnet has one decklid for the SN95G2...a 99-01 version..but it's with the spoiler...used...$350 - (are they nucking futs?)

Cost me 200 bucks (canadian).Factory paint was used aswell. :)
And have not regreted it sence.Love the wingless look. :D