Stripes and Muffler Help before Friday.

nancegt350

Sep 22, 2006
Ok, so I'm getting a few things in this week and would like a little help:

1. Does anyone know what lbs/ft the clamps for a new axle back are supposed to be at?

and

2. Does anyone have any links to a vinyl stripe install (racing stipes and/or rocker panel, I'm getting both)

Either of those is very much appreciated, especially the vinyl one. I've never put ANYTHING vinyl on, and will be attempting racing stipes and rocker panel stripes myself - lack of money at the moment and I'm too impatient to wait a month with the stripes sitting there ... I doing the dam thing myself. Hoo Rah! :SNSign:

Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

nancegt350 said:
Ok, so I'm getting a few things in this week and would like a little help:

1. Does anyone know what lbs/ft the clamps for a new axle back are supposed to be at?

and

2. Does anyone have any links to a vinyl stripe install (racing stipes and/or rocker panel, I'm getting both)

Either of those is very much appreciated, especially the vinyl one. I've never put ANYTHING vinyl on, and will be attempting racing stipes and rocker panel stripes myself - lack of money at the moment and I'm too impatient to wait a month with the stripes sitting there ... I doing the dam thing myself. Hoo Rah! :SNSign:

Thanks in advance.

Ft/lbs????? IMO tight is right when it comes to exhaust pipe connections.

As for the stripes.... search this forum.
I wrote some guy a couple good long replies on tips to install his stripes.
Several other folks added good info to it as well.

Impatient is something you do NOT want to be when installing them.

But I also saved quite a bit installing them myself.

Well, once upon a time I found an AWESOME Stripe install with pictures and everything - including the rocker stripes!!! I just want to find it or something like it again, but thanks for all the help - I especially feel more confident after reading that one of yours seattlegt. Everyone wish me luck, and I'll continue hoping one of you knows of the write up I speak of, or one similar. For some reason, I just feel better seeing picture and a write up of someone doing it (particularily the rocker stripes)

My Corsa system had torque specs listed in the install sheet- maybe your system will too.

Regarding the stripes, you can find info here and alot on other forums too. My top 4 tips:

1) Mark the centerline of the car very carefully. When in doubt about measurements, trust your eyes more than the measuring tape.

2) Have patience and take your time!

3) Start with a super clean car (NO WAX- remove it all) and use the proper dilution when installing the new stripes. I use water and Dawn dish soap with just a splash of rubbing alcohol. Also, use mild heat around the corners/bends.

4) Have patience and take your time!

Yes, I meant that twice.:nice:

Well, stang went to the dealer today - stupid rear end whine :bang: This is it's first trip there, hopefully it's last. STUPID DEALER P1SS3D ME OFF. I tried to tell them what's wrong, showed them the TSB, but I'm just an ignorent customer who know's nothing about my car - so I showed him my ASE certification card - and even STILL he insinuated I'm an idiot :mad: Oh well, hopefully they'll fix it right.

nancegt350 said:
Well, stang went to the dealer today - stupid rear end whine :bang: This is it's first trip there, hopefully it's last. STUPID DEALER P1SS3D ME OFF. I tried to tell them what's wrong, showed them the TSB, but I'm just an ignorent customer who know's nothing about my car - so I showed him my ASE certification card - and even STILL he insinuated I'm an idiot :mad: Oh well, hopefully they'll fix it right.

You need to add a bottle of XL3 friction modifier. Do a search here and you'll find alot of info.

Talked to the dealer yesterday and they said they had to order the clutch pack for the rear end and that they'd have it done by lunch today. I then suggested that they try the XL-3 Friction modifier that it was documented to have worked...at which time I was promptly ignored and informed that "their technician had been doin rear-ends for 10 years and was more than capable of diagnosing and fixing any promblem with my mustang" ...I should've bought the bottle and fixed it myself.

crapola :damnit: :uzi: :owned: :chair: :fuss: :bang: :mad: