V8's are better than V6's (Right?)

Which do you prefer and why?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me end this argument. V8's are not better than V6es.

They just:

sound bad@ss
accelerate faster
have higher top speed
have greater mod potential
and more people wish they had one

I don't know anyone who tore out their V8 to put in a V6 instead, or ripped out their true duals to put in single pipe, but that doesn't mean they are not out there (somewhere).

Let me close be saying THANK YOU for buying a V6 Mustang so that Ford sells enough of the car to keep the platform alive. Without you, we might not have ANY Mustangs to choose from... especially the more kickass V8s.

Anyhow, I don't have a Cobra and you V6ers don't have a GT, so we are in the same boat (in a way). Get over it. ;)

• Sponsors (?)

whats with everyone ripping on monkie? ok, he can do a burn out, but no one happened to see the 483rwhp 422rwtq in his sig??? lets see that out of a v6 w/o N2O or gobs and gobs and gobs of money.
The best thing is a car that had a v6 and drop a v8. Like mine. VIN# read 6 so insurance makes me pay for a 6.

GREENBIOCH said:
I can do that in my 6 :rolleyes:

I was showing you that I spin both tires...not one. :rlaugh: :lol:

Oh also that was 2nd gear stand still. I'd pay you $500 if you could get your V6 to do a 2nd gear stand still in the summer time on a paved road with no water on the ground. You clutch would be :owned:

97v6Silver said:
what lack of power? lets talk about how the v8 mustang lacks the power that most other v8's on the market have, just for kicks lets look at the catillac, whats that? almost 100 more hp? yeah thats right... we're all in the same bucket here preformance for the poor guy.... cept cobra owners

Yeah, the 2V 4.6 doesn't put out the power of other V8's, we know that. The V6 in the Mustang isn't some miracle either. Acura (Honda), BMW, Porsche....their 6's are leaps and bounds ahead.

The difference is my lack of power still doesn't put me in a situation of getting walked by bolt-on Hondas. :rlaugh:

GinoGT said:
Yeah, the 2V 4.6 doesn't put out the power of other V8's, we know that. The V6 in the Mustang isn't some miracle either. Acura (Honda), BMW, Porsche....their 6's are leaps and bounds ahead.

The difference is my lack of power still doesn't put me in a situation of getting walked by bolt-on Hondas. :rlaugh:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:owned:

Monkie said:
Yea, I mean if you want an autocross car that doesn't have gobs of power then a Mustang V6 isn't what you should be looking at. My God a modded Miata, RSX, RX8, MR2, or Celica would all walk a Mustang V6 in the turns. So if you don't have the power to catch back up in the straights you bought the wrong car simple as that. A Mustang is a muscle car, not a sports car. A V6 Mustang is just there so that Ford can sell the same car to someone that want to drive around town. It isn't meant for autocross, road racing, or anything else but to get you around town. Its been like that since 1964.
shhhhhhhhh don't tell them that! you'll make them cry :rolleyes:

Yea, I mean if you want an autocross car that doesn't have gobs of power then a Mustang V6 isn't what you should be looking at. My God a modded Miata, RSX, RX8, MR2, or Celica would all walk a Mustang V6 in the turns. So if you don't have the power to catch back up in the straights you bought the wrong car simple as that. A Mustang is a muscle car, not a sports car. A V6 Mustang is just there so that Ford can sell the same car to someone that want to drive around town. It isn't meant for autocross, road racing, or anything else but to get you around town. Its been like that since 1964.

z9_87 said:
whats with everyone ripping on monkie? ok, he can do a burn out, but no one happened to see the 483rwhp 422rwtq in his sig??? lets see that out of a v6 w/o N2O or gobs and gobs and gobs of money.
The best thing is a car that had a v6 and drop a v8. Like mine. VIN# read 6 so insurance makes me pay for a 6.

WTF :shrug: Do you think that 483rwhp is stock :shrug: So its ok to compare a moded Cobra to a stock V6 :shrug: So its ok if he spends that extra cash to get 483rwhp but don't even think of talking about the someone else putting that kinda cash in a V6 :shrug: Man this is a very slanted post. Just think what he spent on getting that car to run what ever it took vs a guy who spent 1/3 of that on a faster car :rolleyes: Hell for all you know he's running N02 to get that extra 100rwhp but don't let anyone with a V6 do it :rolleyes: Now don't exspect a racer to tell the truth though expsecaly if its a V8 guy who had to use juice or boost to beat up on a V6/4cl guy :rolleyes:

P.S I could build a 500hp 4cl cheaper than what he payed for that car minus the mods. my car is set up for road racing but does around 250-275 hp alone on stock parts. With about 2000.00 more I could get close to 500hp making my total cahs in the car around 5500.00.

Pro-Hawk said:
WTF :shrug: Do you think that 483rwhp is stock :shrug:

Not far from it...catback, midpipe, power pipe, supercharger = 483rwhp (could have had more but I would have broken a rod)

Pro-Hawk said:
So its ok to compare a moded Cobra to a stock V6 :shrug: So its ok if he spends that extra cash to get 483rwhp but don't even think of talking about the someone else putting that kinda cash in a V6 :shrug:

Go ahead kiddo. I spent around $5,000 labor and parts to get my amount of money. So lets see you get the same amount of power out of a V6 Mustang with that much money.

Pro-Hawk said:
Now don't exspect a racer to tell the truth though expsecaly if its a V8 guy who had to use juice or boost to beat up on a V6/4cl guy :rolleyes:

Honestly I don't waste my gas on V6/4cl guys

Pro-Hawk said:
P.S I could build a 500hp 4cl cheaper than what he payed for that car minus the mods.

Explain to me how you would do that in a 1999 model car with the same amount of miles. I paid $17,250 for my car that had 20k miles on it so tell me a 1999 4 cylinder with the same amount of miles and explain to me how you could get 500hp out of it.

Pro-Hawk said:
my car is set up for road racing but does around 250-275 hp alone on stock parts. With about 2000.00 more I could get close to 500hp making my total cahs in the car around 5500.00.

What is your car?

I still don't see why the GT is supposedly so much better than V6, other than sound.

A stock GT will run high 13's 1/4 mile.
A stock V6 will run mid 14's 1/4 mile.

Half a second isn't that much, especially given the fact that not many people buy their car just for dragging.

Status
Not open for further replies.