Worth it? looking for a cheap way to lower the ride.

Wannabe2.3T

Apr 6, 2005
I was thinking about lowering my 89' na since ive put my cobra wheels on. I have already blew most my tax money, and dont have alot of cash right now.
I saw these lowering springs on ebay and they are pretty cheap, but im not sure of the ride quality of them. I also saw a set of Maxspeed springs that were about the same price. my question is...has anyone used these before, and are they a waste of my time and money? Should I just wait another month or two until i have some extra cash and just buy some FMS or eibachs?
Thanks
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7970077655&category=33582

• Sponsors (?)

so are the eibach sprotlines too extreme? I want it to be low, but i dont wanna screw my car up. so now im down to the FMS springs or the eibach pro series? any suggestion? or are there any other good springs out there i dont know about?

I went with the FMS "C" springs on my 2.3 notch and at first I absolutely hated them. They were the roughest riding springs I have ever used. They have been on there a couple of months now and have mellowed out quite a bit. I have never had a set of springs that changed that extremely during the break in period. They still dont ride as nice as the Pro-kit's on my 90 5.0 but theres a lot more nose weight there. All in all, for the price I would say I am satisfied with them. The car handles alot tighter with the springs and GT sway bars than it did when I got it. My only complaint is that it sits too high. I think the "c" springs actually sit higher than the worn 4-cyl springs. If I did it again, I would probably trim a half coil all the way around, maybe even a full coil in the front. Im not usually one to recomend cutting springs, but I think that if you get the FMS springs and expect it to drop you will be dissapointed. I will probably pull them back out and trim them one of these days when I have nothing better to do.

well i definetly want my car lowered, not just handle better. i was looking at pics of ash's car i think it was. he has the pro kit on his ride and they look pretty good, but i want it a tiny bit lower than his. but over all, i like them.
i guess the only choice i have is the pro-kit. i dont have $250 bucks right now, so i guess ill have to wait a few weeks. thanks for the feedback guys. :flag: