4.6l Dohc !!!

will get more with write up later this week i hope

Attachments

• HPIM3653.JPG
    HPIM3653.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 187
  • Sponsors (?)

Get a Mark VIII cable. Should be a direct fit cause the guys in Marks that do a Cobra plenum swap still use their stock cable. Should be redily avaliable as I think they mad twice as many Mark VIIIs vs 96-98 Cobras. :shrug:

im modifying an early mark viii intake now. cut the plenum at the rear. going to weld a flange for an 'upper' to bolt my later 57mm TB.

im removing the secondary runners and going to weld up a new secondary intake to bolt to the factory lower. the reasoning is this:

a single runner intake like the cobra piece is at best a compromised piece. when ford decided to build a split port head they had the lincoln part in mind. but as history shows us the factory lincoln intake is short on breathing above 6500.

the cobra piece is decent at WOT when the imrc's open. (3200 or so), but before that using one large high rom tuned runner to feed a single port is useless for torque. the early mark piece has very good low end with its individual runners.

so as usual im not satisfied. so im going to make my own intake. thank god this time its aluminum instead of freakin plastic. i can weld this together nicely. the secondary runners will have their own plenum volume and be tuned (hemholtz etc)for say 6500 rpm peak. i only rev this to 6800.

the idea is to use a window switch and a solenoid spool to open the secondaries. with ported heads it should do very well with the turbo to get back the low end this later mark viii intake sucks so bad at. it will fit very easily with the new factory plenum dimensional adjustments.

pics when i really get going on it.

haha yeah i got an old dodge cable and modded it to fit. went to the emissions test place and tried to get it ...(need in ontario canada:bs:) well i came back with huge fail in co% ! the limit is 1.92 and i scored a 6.17 !!!!!! its showing my fuel mixture at 17.9 and should be around 14..... not sure where to go now. any ideas?

haha yeah i got an old dodge cable and modded it to fit. went to the emissions test place and tried to get it ...(need in ontario canada:bs:) well i came back with huge fail in co% ! the limit is 1.92 and i scored a 6.17 !!!!!! its showing my fuel mixture at 17.9 and should be around 14..... not sure where to go now. any ideas?

Go ahead a by an sct tuner and then take to your nearest performance shop with a dyno and have them set a tune! I bet the IMMRCs are not opening at 3k

You swapped a whole engine into a car and didnt notice the dirty air filter? :eek:

:rlaugh: it happens :rlaugh:

And +1 on the tune. You may have told me before but I fergot, do you have a can tune or what?

was joking around yeah still need fine tune when she hits 5k rpm and up get bit black smoke means shes running to much fuel. i dont have a tuner but i know friends who do and i heard you can get program for laptop and do it off it it ? thats next on long list of things to do. got passed e-test and it did REALLY good. still working like crazy here trying to make rent and such so no time to post write up or pics yet nor do any more work on her. i really need to invest in tires though. cyall soon :canada: