Considering Nitrous

• Sponsors (?)

I'm also a big fan of the dry kit. I didn't bring it up because it wasn't relevant. The OP wants to spray more than a conventional dry setup can run, and he's running a carb.

Kurt

I'm also a big fan of the dry kit. I didn't bring it up because it wasn't relevant. The OP wants to spray more than a conventional dry setup can run, and he's running a carb.

Kurt
I'm talking about anything but a conventional dry system. We have plans to put 350+ through a single stage dry system in an Ultra street car for next season.

:eek: Definitely not conventional! I know a few in the 200 range with a stand alone computer but 350+:drool:

:poo: some of the X single kit guys are running 800-900 single kits...

we have ours split. and dont have nearly that much in it anyway. how it sits right now i think we have about 700 in it

**** some of the X single kit guys are running 800-900 single kits...

we have ours split. and dont have nearly that much in it anyway. how it sits right now i think we have about 700 in it
And holy schnikes! 700+ systems?!? Way too much for me to keep track of for that. How do you keep it from hitting the tires violently in a single stage system? Controllers/delays?

the guys running the huge single have them on progressives.

we have them split into 2 systems on timers and use timing ramps to keep the nose down. few guys run them banked also with them split on timers also...

Reactions: 1 user
3+ pages for nitrous? I've not read this thread but if it's taking this many pages, then nitrous is probably not what you want. lol

If he's saving those antics for the track there would be no point in getting the nitrous in the first place, since it may only see track duty once a year. Most people i know that say track once a year mean never.

Powerful light cars take alot of practice to drive. His car sounds like a handful from the get go.

Clement makes a point, how much faster on the street is the car going to be with 125 shot? Probably none, lack of practice with that extra power (with an SC you drive it every day the same way, so you are always practicing) coupled with tires that won't be warmed up from a burnout probably will yield worse results instead of better. You just don't know how the car is going to behave.

Nitrous just has no place in anything but organized racing (whether it be track or street).

The guy with the most power doesn't always win the race.

For once, I think xp8 and I are in complete agreement. :nice:

A lot of the guys I used to hang out with back in the 90s used to spray 225+ through an old 5115 dry kit. It doesn't get any more conventional than that. I know they had to put a drill bit through the jet to get it that high.

Kurt

They were a nutty bunch. They found the directions on the internet. You drilled the jet with a specific drill bit, ran a -6 line instead of a -4 line, ran either 2 or 3 shims in the step down regulator (I can't remember exactly), and ran some rediculously small jet in the bypass T. This was before anyone used a wideband on the dyno either. If it sounded like it wasn't knocking, you took it to the track and ran it.

Kurt

I lost a jet on my dry kit, called NOS to find out what i had to buy and they said don't bother and told me the size drill bit to make another one the right size.
Had to get that bit at a hobby shop.

There is also a stigma attached to nitrous, you are almost treated and talked about like a cheater. Not saying it's right or wrong, just saying it happens.

I love cheating. It's so much fun. I like the way a turbo car feels, but nothing is like nitrous. It's like getting hit in the back with a sledgehammer. It's funny, because a good nitrous setup can cost damn near as much as a blower.

Kurt

There is also a stigma attached to nitrous, you are almost treated and talked about like a cheater. Not saying it's right or wrong, just saying it happens.

aint that the damn truth! funny thing is a nitrous car will make less power then a well set up blower or turbo car!

the nitrous car has run a best of 150.2mph at 2805lbs and this is with a 450" motor with some of the best heads you can buy for it
the turbo car has run 155.4 mph with a 347" motor with a set of trick flow highports. and hit the scales at 3250lbs

so in the end who really is cheating here??? lol