It's been since febuary, but it's done. The Secrets are inside...

Since I was the only one with a "negative" post, let me explain myself. I don't care for it but I complimented Charlie on his hard work. I noted that the most important thing was that he liked it since I am sure he did it for himself, not us. If he didn't want our (my) opinions, he wouldn't/shouldn't have posted it. If I somehow diminished your hard work Charlie, I'm sorry. That wasn't my intent.

• Sponsors (?)

Good job with the car. Whats important is that you like it. You should be proud of all the work you've done.

I can't say I like the rear bumper(it just doesnt fit the car's lines), and I think it'd look better with normal taillights.

I LOVE the doors and paint scheme. I have been wanting to do the door thing for a long time.

How much was the door kit and are they power up or power assist?
Can you post some pics of the door hinge assembly.

Thanks and good work.

looks nice, I like the two tone, kinda like a tux. How are the doors to open? The reason I ask a guy I know had a crx with them (and about 60K in other things) they were a PITA you had to pull them down, and push them in even or you had to do it all over again due to the A piller. Although this was some years ago I would hope the doors were better now. He ended up ditchin it for a M3.

I think the guy that did his designed the doors on the Vector or something like that.

I've never seen that style of two-tone on a Mustang, but that does look damn good. The car looks absolutely killer. How much work was involved in converting the doors?

Andy, JR, Paul, RC and anyone else that's got a great looking, "show winning" car - I think you guys have some stiff competition. :D

Charlie and Paul - you both need to send Ed some better pictures to update the FTI website.

Joe

Joe- I sent Ed more pics than I can count to update the site, but this is the racing season and I know he is very busy with work and such... maybe after the finals he'll have a few seconds to upload some new ones. I hope he does as I hate that old pic on there now!!!

The doors are advertised as direct fit. They are to an extent. You do have to do some minor trimming on the inner fenders for the lift cylinders to clear. I think the kit could be improved if it had a better way to reconnect all the wires. That was like 2 hours right there. Either way, I like them and would do it again.

I will post interior and engine pics by the end of the week. I am trying to get it all cleaned up for Fun Ford this weekend.

This isn't usually something I would like, but it is really growing on me and I find myself clicking this thread just to see the pics again, like I need a double take.

It is truly a show car, and from some of these posts, I'm sure you have the "GO" to back it up.

That is a beautiful car, from the paint to the doors, to the kit and all, it flows so well. I think that is what actually made me like this, the way it all goes together. Taillights at first glance, didn't care for, but once again, they go so well with the rest of the car.

Nice work. I'm sure it turns a lot of heads.

:hail2:

DAMN!!!!!!!!!! Charlie thats frigging SICK!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait to see that at FFW, I guess you wernt B'sing when you told me at the dyno day that you were planing something to the extreme. As far as the tail light comments I think they look good on a car that as as much custom work as that. On a stock mustang then look like crap but they add alot to the imiage that your car portrays. I think the whole car looks MAD TYTE!!! Cant wait to see it this weekend at FFW, way to do us 94/95 guys proud :nice: :nice: :nice:

Horray for altezza's. Man, you're backing me up bigtime on something I posted earlier today. If anybody calls this thing ricey, in any way, they're probably not running 12's in an AODE. I like the entire car, from the hood to the rear bumper, the INSANE paint transition from front to back (what made you think of that man??? It's amazing) to the uber doors...that just makes it even classier. You're right up there with JR now, so don't be offended if you regularly see "I hate you" in my posts following your's :p

I'm gonna get shot for this one. Has anyone ever tried to Altezza-ize the horizontals?? I'm not trying to stir the pot any, but clear taillights aren't just for honda's anymore...they're coming stock on at least one domestic i've seen in the past few months, the Chevy Equinox. I don't see anything rice about altezza's, they're sharper looking and more visable...if they'd only make a horizontal 94-95 conversion, maybe I'd look into it. I'll sit back now and wait for you all to pee on me. :p :shrug:

Man, at first I didn't like it but just imagining that freaking thing pulling up behind me makes me think again.

One bad asss paint job for sure. And that rear bumper looks awsome with 315's under it. Dont know if you have them but if you dont, you should.

EDIT, After a 3rd look. Its definately badass.

At least the altezzas are painted white, and not chrome. I think they Look damn good that way. Normal lights might even be alittle to Plain for the car. It's a showerstopper to say the least. The door's are freaken sweet. Sweet car dude :spot: