Pics of my new car...GTO

• Sponsors (?)

This is interesting. I never gloated that the LS2 is the best motor ever. I never compared it to a 5.4L 3V... Bill, I have a ton of respect for what you have done and am impressed with your #s...I always have been.

Also keep in mind I am in California. A Mustang GT with Stage 3 cams will be pretty damn hard to find. But, because of the simplicity of the swap (in comparison), there are quite a few LSs around here with cams...

Nice ride. I like the '06's a lot and I wasn't crazy about the '04's.

When I saw the pics, I said "That's got to be the Bay Area", and sure enough...

Yes, we were blessed with a mostly sunny day yesterday. :)

ya, and what would his GTO put down w/ stage 4+ cams? when the LS2 adds heads/cams/intake, you'll be eating shiit even if you're blown.

thats what i was thinking...bottom line they are both v8s and the 5.4 is the best thing ford can put out and you have to mod it with stage 4 cams just to beat a stock engine...cmon

it makes 400 flywheel torque thats only 10 lbs off of what you say you probably make.

also you say its absurd that he makes 100 more rwhp then you. In your sig it says you make 249 rwhp and then you say the gto will make 340 rwhp. 340 minus 249 is 91 so it is not ABSURDLY far from 100 as svttech said.

not an attack on you because i admire you putting a 5.4 in a 96 but its not like were comparing apples to oranges here its a v8 against a v8 even though ford almost makes the comparision for stock gms to fords unfair for themselves.

This is interesting. I never gloated that the LS2 is the best motor ever. I never compared it to a 5.4L 3V... Bill, I have a ton of respect for what you have done and am impressed with your #s...I always have been.
the difference between having class and being an ass. Good on ya Smeech, enjoy the Goat, they're very decent imo.

The LS2 goat makes closer to 360 rwhp/tq with M6 and 340 with the auto. I have 2 guys in our local club, both auto that hit 12.1/12.2 with just a stall, gears and then 11.9 with exhaust and removing some weight.

My poor little LS1 Camaro was 315/333 with 5k miles on it factory stock and ran a 12.9 so dont knock GM too bad. A new mustang will take a few mods motor to motor to keep up with that little GTO.

That motor will also take a 125 shot no problem, so for 1k more you get a 450+ rwtq car that drives like it just left the showroom, and gets 25+mpg on the highway, my LS1 gets 28mpg with 400/412 and stock gearing.

My mustang would eat both alive but thats with 15mpg and not exactly the same luxurious ride, nice interior and interior noise :hail2:

Nice ride...enjoy.

no i''m not kidding. to say he has 100 rwhp more is absurd. he has factory ~340 rwhp. not 1 hp more. and also 340rwtq. AS A MANUAL. i selected f;ywheel for a reason. my auto loses more torque percentage to the wheels than his 6 speed. i make ~410 - 415 flywheel torque. that's more than him factory. like it or not...

i have more FLYWHEEL torqur than he does. his 364 cu.in is weak. weak weak weak !!!!

i will make more than 400 flywheel before i'm throug, and i won't lose 1 lb-ft in the process!!!

a 2005 4.6 3v with stage 3 cams makes 332 rwtq. that's only ~8-10 less than his useless 6.0l LS. btw that same 4.6 3v makes 345rwhp. which is also more than that stupid LS. i will make more, not "i think i will make more". a 5hitload more.

when i add stage 4+ custom cams expect 380rwtq or more from me. i was right about my expectation at the dyno, and i'm right about what i will get next time.

LS lovers eat crap.
:lol: Please, put down the Ford kool-aid. You are comparing a modded 5.4 to a STOCK LS2. The 5.4 3v doesn't even come in the Mustang for goodness sake. Who cares if the LS2 has 1000ci -- it's lighter, more compact, makes more power, has ONE cam and only 2-valves.....most importantly, they come in the GTO STOCK.

Anyway, I like that GTO -- very nice looking car with a nice interior and ride. I love the bumper and the little vents on the side.

Really? I like the stock 18s... they remind me of the Mustang 18s that are stock now, but better. Or are you talking about the SRT-4?
Well, SRT-4 is just fugry top to bottm. Period.
No offence, and I like GTO myself, but those are one ugry wheels IMO.
Incidently, i hate the one on Mustang as well. Infact, i have to say that all wheel chice for new mustang is crappy. Stock 17s look just like one I had on my car(which I changed it as soon as I got the car), and optional one is just as ugry.

But like I said, I like everything else on GTO tho - Minus position of Clutch pedal and shifter feel.

no i''m not kidding. to say he has 100 rwhp more is absurd. he has factory ~340 rwhp. not 1 hp more. and also 340rwtq. AS A MANUAL. i selected f;ywheel for a reason. my auto loses more torque percentage to the wheels than his 6 speed. i make ~410 - 415 flywheel torque. that's more than him factory. like it or not...

i have more FLYWHEEL torqur than he does. his 364 cu.in is weak. weak weak weak !!!!

i will make more than 400 flywheel before i'm throug, and i won't lose 1 lb-ft in the process!!!

a 2005 4.6 3v with stage 3 cams makes 332 rwtq. that's only ~8-10 less than his useless 6.0l LS. btw that same 4.6 3v makes 345rwhp. which is also more than that stupid LS. i will make more, not "i think i will make more". a 5hitload more.

when i add stage 4+ custom cams expect 380rwtq or more from me. i was right about my expectation at the dyno, and i'm right about what i will get next time.

LS lovers eat crap.

Yeah cuz it's all about flywheel power:rolleyes: that's what get you moving

ya, and what would his GTO put down w/ stage 4+ cams? when the LS2 adds heads/cams/intake, you'll be eating shiit even if you're blown.

i can also add 4v heads , etc and his stupid LS still loses. or i add a 460 tunnel ram. the point is that an ls2 is not god. it flows a set amount of air that can easily be equaled. you guys are buying that crap.

I MA 90% stock. and i out torque a motor that is 34 cu.in. larger. if you knew what you were talking about, you will now slap yourself in the face.

ported ls2= 312 cfm
ported 4v = 320 cfm. they don't have crap. AND HE WILL STILL WIEGH 500LBS MORE

i said the day i entered this forum i wil lexceed the stupid LS. if not with this motor, then with a 7 LITER BOSS/HURRICANE.

you guys are really poor chevy boys. you can't afford a chevy so you 'settled' for a stang. get the hell out of your stang and drive a honda. you aren't good enough to appreciate the history you are driving. if you don't know chevy sucks you never will.

Also keep in mind I am in California. A Mustang GT with Stage 3 cams will be pretty damn hard to find. But, because of the simplicity of the swap (in comparison), there are quite a few LSs around here with cams...

Yes, we were blessed with a mostly sunny day yesterday. :)

i am certainly not attacking your choice. it is a good one. but other's want to espouse the invincibility of GM, and io say no way. you have a fine automobile. enjoy it.

i can also add 4v heads , etc and his stupid LS still loses. or i add a 460 tunnel ram. the point is that an ls2 is not god. it flows a set amount of air that can easily be equaled. you guys are buying that crap.

I MA 90% stock. and i out torque a motor that is 34 cu.in. larger. if you knew what you were talking about, you will now slap yourself in the face.

ported ls2= 312 cfm

i said the day i entered this forum i wil lexceed the stupid LS. if not with this motor, then with a 7 LITER BOSS/HURRICANE.

you guys are really poor chevy boys. you can't afford a chevy so you 'settled' for a stang. get the hell out of your stang and drive a honda. you aren't good enough to appreciate the history you are driving. if you don't know chevy sucks you never will.

:lol:

whatever dude. be the Ford fan boy that you are :rlaugh: most of us are smart enough to realize that Ford doesnt make the best engines on the face of the planet. the LS1/LS2/LS6 kicks the shiit out of our crappy 2Vs, 4Vs, and even your 5.4L. learn to accept it. We know the history of the Mustang. you just forget that Chevy has equally a similar history/tradition.

Noone is saying that GM is god, they just offer better engines than the Ford modular motors that yield higher gains for less money and respond better to mods. We have to have blowers on our motors to even keep up with their stock motors. :notnice: So, keep thinking that our small motors are better. Remember, there is no replacement for displacement.

if you still think chevy sucks after this, then you're even more retarded than I thought:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1541575

ported ls2= 312 cfm

312 CFM on the intake side of a LS2?....maybe at .500" of lift. I know of several shops that routinely get over 340 out of fully ported LS2 castings at .600", which is about where most of the guys will be on lift with their particular cam selction on a fully ported head. You also have to remember the LS2 is a 15° head. The LS7 is a 12° head! The stock LS7 castings will flow over 400 at .650" CFM fully ported (LS7's love big cams:D.) And this is all with just 2 valves. But head flow is just but one of the MANY aspects involved in evaluating a cylinder head's potential. There are quite a few LS7 motors out there (HPE, C Motorsports, and LG Motorsports) approaching 650 RWHP completely naturally aspirated. Sure it's 427 inches, but nonetheless, still impressive.

The School of Automotive Machinists got over 700 RWHP out of their test 500" small block LS2 earlier this summer. C5-R motors can make over 800 RWHP N/A. SAM is currently testing a C5-R right now that is thought to make over 900 RWHP N/A.

Ford has produced some great combinations as well, but to say that "Chevy sucks" is extremely shortsighted.:)

you can't afford a chevy so you 'settled' for a stang. get the hell out of your stang and drive a honda. you aren't good enough to appreciate the history you are driving. if you don't know chevy sucks you never will.

damn. you know, he's right.

i like corvettes, i like the new GTO's and i think the LS1/2/6/7 series of engines are a nice powerplant. i'm an idiot and i feel sad:(

i'll trade in my car tomorrow and pick up a '98 civic

i think billfisher should be the new leader of StangNet. he's my hero:flag: