What's With The Chicks

• Sponsors (?)

My wife also has no interest at all in my car. Will not ride in it . Gets mad when I spend money on it . She does like it when I spent all day Saturday working on it. Ha ha . Makes me a little upset when I have to take the CRV on a Saturday night , and all the Mustangs are out . Young girls like my car , and seventy old ladys . Many of them say they used to have one . Some of you guys have some nice wives that let you spend thousands on cars, Mine stopped at six grand .

I stopped counting how much I spend. That way when I say “I don’t know”...... I’m not lying!!;)
All kidding aside though, I’m the one that does the worrying about the spending most of the time (another reason I stopped the running tally)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Ummmm...this IS my wife's car? :shrug:

20191114_112031.jpg

20191221_193510.jpg

Misogynist! :fuss:

Reactions: 1 user
My ex liked the cars, so much so that she took one in the divorce..... :shrug:

But her dad was always working on something and when she was young they spent a lot of weekends at the track. Past exes either liked the cars or tolerated them since it was my thing, but no one ever complained about them. In fact, they liked driving the Cobra - smell and all.

As far as she said in her resurrection post that Foxes are boxes, that much is true. When I show pics of my II and the 84 I used to have together, all of my coworkers comment on the Cobra and overlook the 84. Partly, I'm sure, is because the Cobra is shiny black and the 84 wasn't shiny at all - but the general reactions to the Cobra are how they'd love to have it.

As far as being interested in a woman who's interested in cars, I'm all for it. It's a project you can bond with and there's no real arguments about how you're spending X amount of money on that "thing" - of course that's dependent on who's car the money's going to at that point! :rlaugh: But if she's not, then that's cool too - as long as there's a mutual respect for each other's personal time and hobbies.

Can she row a stick shift?
My girl says I can have a new mustang
If I sell the mustangs I have now
Not gonna happen
My wife has made it clear that the she gets to pick the next "cool" car we buy, since I have two Mustangs....which means our next car will be either an original Austin Mini or an old school Land Rover Defender, lol.

I stopped counting how much I spend. That way when I say “I don’t know”...... I’m not lying!!;)
All kidding aside though, I’m the one that does the worrying about the spending most of the time (another reason I stopped the running tally)
I had a tote that had all of the receipts for my car. One day I started looking through them to get a specific one for a warranty return. I began counting, and counting and counting...... Soon the strangest thing happened, some lighter fluid fell into the tote and it all went up in flames. I stopped counting. I spend to finish a project and am happy that it works. Ignorance IS Bliss

Reactions: 3 users
WUUTTT??? No stiff assed springs, with teeth chattering Bilstein dampers set to “kill”. No SLP loud mouths with the cats removed, And the tail pipes dumped. Say it ain’t so!
I’ll bet the HVAC functions, and the radio is audible with the top down too.

Eibach springs, 5 lug conversion, AOD with shift kit, quietest exhaust I have ever heard. This car drives great. And yes @General karthief she drives stick. Guess I am just lucky. :cool:

Jeezus! How hard is this to figure out.

Your wives don’t like riding in your cars because they stink, are freakin noisy, and there’s no guarantee that the car will start when you get back in it, or get them home if they start the night out in it.

Fix it.

Put The cats back on, get rid of the stupid flow masters, and fix the sht that don’t work right.

It's funny how woman change. My wife used to go for a romp around town with slicks on the car. The car didn't change, she did. My stuff works good too, barely stinks. She doesn't even like riding in my Focus which is totally stock. She says it rides too hard, and the seats are too tight. Pregnancy changed the size of her ass; it's not the car's fault.

Kurt

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
My wife did not like the quiet sound of her 96 Vette. So we chopped the mufflers off and put on chambered straight pipes in their place. It still has the center located factory resonator and factory cats so it doesn't stink, like my Mustang. Kinda mellow when you take it easy but sounds pretty mean when you're on it. Mediocre Crower cam, roller rockers and flashed ECM. Not easy getting into or out of. But pretty comfy once you're in. 12.80 at 110. No traction problem, unless you really want it. Good running car that's been very reliable. LT1 350 with 4l80e. No brainer, just punch it whenever you're ready for some fun.

Reactions: 1 users
Oh yeah????? :fuss:
hahaha what can i say... its true...

the ecobeast is suprisingly quick. its not as fast as the LX was or the Gen 2L. but its quicker than my gen 1L

the focus needs a turbo... but before it gets a turbo the LX has to be running again. and the ecobeast might need a set of PTE turbos

Jeezus! How hard is this to figure out.

Your wives don’t like riding in your cars because they stink, are freakin noisy, and there’s no guarantee that the car will start when you get back in it, or get them home if they start the night out in it.

Fix it.

Put The cats back on, get rid of the stupid flow masters, and fix the sht that don’t work right.

Mine rode in the red car 600 miles to MW ‘12....The AC didn’t cool the car, the wipers didn’t clear the windshield in a hard rain, and the heater core ruptured on the way back..it fogged up the windshield, and smelled like antifreeze for over 3 hundred miles.

She’ll never get in another car I’m driving again.....Who can blame her?
My wife doesn't like riding in my Mustang because it is too hard to get in and out of... That's just the way it is and she's 70' ish
The truth is she's too fat and her boobs won't clear the steering wheel...

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Informative
Reactions: 7 users