04 cobra not fast enough

• Sponsors (?)

Something is definetely wrong. either you or the car....

I didnt know how to drive very well in 02 when I first bought mine and I managed a 12.76 and then a 12.56 when I went to BFG Drag radials.

If you spin the tires at all though your 1/4 mile time will be in the low 13s..

Too bad you cant get to a track. Its easier to know whether its you or the car when we can see your 60ft as well as you MPH and 1/4 mile time.

When were you shifting? What RPM? to get the most out of it stock I seemed to do my best just over 6000 rpms....not right at the red line as I first thought......

ALSo in warmer weather this car definitely runs slower. I think im about .3 slower when its warm out and my car is hot.

Chip, pulley and drag radials turned my 12.76 into an 11.70! (in cool weather with a cool engine)

What kind of tubing did you use for your homeade air system? Could the tube be collapsing under a WOT run? I had an issue with my old 89 Gt that I had done a homeade RamAir system. I kept getting ****ty times, and couldnt figure it out. Then someone noticed my tube was collapsing. Worth a look...

peace

Friend just got yellow 04, raced from 40 to about 120 and i could hold him about a fender or so. Given he is bone stock. This was done in a modded Mach 1 n/a.. And for the record no driving issues on either part.

Never had it to track yet, I hope it does well you guys wish me luck :D As far as the cobra we will have it runnin low 11's by end of summer i hope. It was nice to get him once, that was my only chance while he was stock.

travis0712 said:
I just notices something - CAI upgrade. I have read that unless you get a tune from this upgrade, you could actually lose hp/tq... again though, the dyno will tell the story.
What? I've never heard of anyone losing power through a CAI on a 03/04 Cobra. there have been issues with certain CAI because of poor design, but it's a GOOD mod without a tune.