jeannelle101

Aug 31, 2020
Colorado
Hey guys, I was in the final stages of putting an on3 turbo kit on my 04 mustang GT. Then a leakdown and compression test showed that I have some pretty bad rings in cylinders 3 and 6. So instead of tuning I want to build the engine. My goal is somewhere around 800whp. I want to keep it relatively streetable as well. Ive been told that the Teksid blocks are a decent choice, and I know the 4v rods and pistons are much better. But my main question is will those be strong enough to handle the power I want to make? Any engine building, parts, seller recommendations would be very helpful.

• Sponsors(?)

Nightfire

15 Year Member
Dec 1, 2002
TX
You're going to need A LOT to accomplish 800!

-stick with your stock block. Get it decked and the cylinders honed
-the only cobra internals that can handle that power are 03/04 cobra forged internals (you'll need a forged crank, forged rods, and forged pistons)
-ARP head studs to prevent you from lifting a head (you're going to need a LOT of boost)
-ARP rod and main bolts
-billet oil pump
-Edelbrock intake
-custom cams
-aftermarket heads
-complete fuel system with rails and injectors
-E85 or race fuel
-a transmission that can handle that power

800rwhp is nowhere near cheap with a 2V

jeannelle101

Aug 31, 2020
Colorado
@Nightfire Ive definitely come to the conclusion that this is what I want to do. Whether it takes a lot of cash is alright with me. it will just take a little bit of time. I feel like i can find the cobra internals at a decent enough price locally, my only concern was someone had mentioned that they can only handle around 650? But if not thats even better. As for heads, I was pointed towards some Patriot 2v heads but I've always heard Trickflow heads are more than good.