Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

Not much happening now that the car is nearly complete.

Yesterday I fixed the stereo, I fried my subwoofer so I pulled the spare down off the shelf and swapped them out. While I had the box out I sealed it up (was ported) and filled it with 2lbs of polyfill. Much better sound and clarity from the bass now. I also reset the amp gains while I was at it...

Today i washed the car and we plan to put the top down and go wheeling around till something looks interesting.

Reactions: 1 user
Not much happening now that the car is nearly complete.

Yesterday I fixed the stereo, I fried my subwoofer so I pulled the spare down off the shelf and swapped them out. While I had the box out I sealed it up (was ported) and filled it with 2lbs of polyfill. Much better sound and clarity from the bass now. I also reset the amp gains while I was at it...

Today i washed the car and we plan to put the top down and go wheeling around till something looks interesting.
I'm trying to guess what you were listening to when you fried the sub, just from the little I know of you...
:thinking:
I'm gonna say that it was 5 finger Death Punch,...or something that falls into that genre of screaming, gutteral, "Oh My freaking GOD Will You Turn That SHT Off!!!" music...........
How'd I do?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm trying to guess what you were listening to when you fried the sub, just from the little I know of you...
:thinking:
I'm gonna say that it was 5 finger Death Punch,...or something that falls into that genre of screaming, gutteral, "Oh My freaking GOD Will You Turn That SHT Off!!!" music...........
How'd I do?
Wrong genre

This was one of those bass slap you in the face songs by (insert random rap artist here).

We wound up shopping all day. Go figure.

Bought a new bed badly needed both of us hate the one we have, the new one will be one of those fully adjustable deals.

Car ran great until it didnt..... Lol seems like it wants to breakup and missfire/backfire around 2500rpm...
I can see it in the datalogs clear as day fuel is good so must be timing related. I opened the hood and looked at the crank sensor sure enough it has wear marks on it. It has been tapping the crank pulley, does not do this at idle I have watched it. So I figure 2500rpm or so is the harmonic on this engine and the sensor must be vibrating, causing the missfire/pop/bucking.

Now I must modify things. Booooo

Reactions: 1 users
Like whut?
When it happens it is like the cylinder fires on the intake stroke = BAD
Car bucks REALLY hard im afraid we may have damaged a ring land.... maybe im being paranoid IDK.

Its a difficult scenario to trouble shoot as well, although i am certain it has to be my VR sensor mount letting the sensor bounce either count a tooth twice or miss a tooth or something like that. Then it thinks that it is at TDC for that crank rotation and it messes the timing all up

Sounds to me like you need to take both of the valve covers off and check everything. The tapping sounds from the video like a rocker hitting the bottom of the valve cover. Its weird that you have it on both sides, but that is where I would start.

That's weird that it goes away when you give it a little throttle.

My twin screw "clanks" sometimes at idle but sounds (exactly) nothing like that.

Yours has the makings (as good as video can display) the "death knock" but sounds more like broken mount, or something tapping on the bell housing or headers or something along those lines.

If you have a small bottle jack lying around, try putting some torque on the underside or side of the motor (just torque - don't break anything :p ).