Gt500 In A Fox?

Never had a throttle body injection, but from everything I have learned, it is never as good as port injection. It's an easy fix for a carbuerator. If you are really after an aftermarket engine management system, everyone seems to agree on Meqasquirt.

Kurt

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Never had a throttle body injection, but from everything I have learned, it is never as good as port injection. It's an easy fix for a carbuerator. If you are really after an aftermarket engine management system, everyone seems to agree on Meqasquirt.

Kurt

My thought process here is more about the intake. There's plenty of data out there about the inequality of Windsor intakes. I already know that I want to go with a long runner. I figure it should be one with enough meat and access to flow port to fuel and air as equal as possible.

I'm certainly willing to entertain ideas about a regular multi-port FI intake if there's one that can offer that kind of versatility.

Maybe something like this?

upload_2017-10-17_22-6-57.png

That kit $4300. Yikes

All of this banter has given me an idea.

I've been wanting to do an N/A Windsor build for some time now. I'd be willing to bet that I could build such a motor and have it run as smooth as a baby's ass and still make over 400 FWHP. :chin

I'm thinking:

Cast crank
forged rods
hyper pistons
EFI after-market ECU
shorties
Full weight forged flywheel
zero balanced

What else?

I'm thinking this might be right at home in the 89.

Aside from the aftermarket ECU and stock crank, this sounds like my build. Zero balanced 347 with hyper pistons and forged rods (if I remember right, gonna have to pull out the papers). Im excited to see how it runs, but from what I have heard, my cam is somewhat agressive. Wont know numbers until I can afford to dyno it in the spring.

Those types of systems are very held back. Personally I would build an ms3pro full sequential injection and coil near plug (or coil pack your choice)....

A Victor efi intake with elbow and 90mm TB...

Efi setup is less than 1500 bucks even with all the extra options no building it just some basic wiring to do. No distributor use a cam sensor from an 3.8 to drive the oil pump the cam sensor is used along with a trigger wheel to set the sequential injection timing events. All cylinders can be tuned individually (spark and fuel) and if you willing to move a o2 sensor from one tube to the next (a lot of work) it will even build it's own trim tables per cylinder. :eek:

A 4150 Tb will flow more/work better than a 90 and an elbow, especially on an n/a combo. No tight corner for air to have turn through, and better potential distribution.

Reactions: 1 users
Well this one took off in all directions. This motor is still for grabs but here are my concerns. It was a roll over which I'm not sure if it affected the motor. I'm not a mechanic guru etc so I wouldn't know what to look ok for besides leaking from areas that shouldn't be. I don't have the capability to pull the motor etc which is some thing I'd have to do and could maybe do but never have done. Biggest thing is I don't know any shops in Austin or in the area that have done such swaps so finding someone capable and trust worthy of doing this swap and knowing it's in great hands and being properly installed is a huge issue. I would love to make this swap happen but not something I could do myself. I would hate to buy what is possibly a great motor swap but then it turns out it's a dud. Looks like I'll be sticking to just beefing up my 302, plus if I just showed up with a motor and trans my wife would probably murder me.

In a roll over, I'd wonder if the motor ran for a period of time with no oil in the pan (due to being upside down). Usually the fuel inertia switch cuts it off anyway, but those don't always trip.

I'm thinking the 10.2 compression:

upload_2017-10-21_17-3-29.png

Thoughts?

Also in terms of having a "smooth" running cruiser with gobs of torque, I'm sort of preferential to a solid lifter setup but I don't know if that's counter to what I'm trying to do.

I was skeptical at first about this system and after reading some reviews I almost did not buy it but like most products, there is always going to be a few that have bad luck. So, I decoded to go for it and give it a try. Besides, if you get it from summit and you have issues you can always send it back.

I have one in a 66 Fairlane with a 302 and it works great ! I had some issues at first where it was staying rich. I sent it in and they replaced the ecu and since then it has been fantastic. Its really easy to install.

The setup screen is easy. The website has lots of info and they actually answer their phone and will spend as much time needed to help.
I like the data logging option for those that do not understand how to setup the parameters. You turn datalog on and go drive it for 20 minutes. Drive it slow in town then get on the highway. Do some hard take offs or whatever you want to get as much data logged as possible.

They you hook it up via usb and save the file to your desktop and send it to them via email. You may have to call them and get them to check their email but once they evaluate the file they will tell you just what to do.

I got the UP TO 600hp Kit. You can buy their external inline pump but it is loud. I went to Walbro and bought my pump for in the tank.
Their inline pump kit comes with more than enough hose and all the fittings to plumb the system if you chose to go that way.