Resolved I need a guide installing a GT40P Cylinder Heads and 97 Explorer Upper/Lower Intake

Threads that have been [Resolved] by the OP or Moderator
  • Sponsors (?)

D3564746-D6EE-41A5-8AC7-6B758834586F.jpeg

:drool:

What does the 94/95 MAF gain you? Not being a smart ass or anything but with 19 lb/hr injectors what’s the gain?

It’s 70mm vs 55mm. That’s the only benefit. MAF transfer curves are essentially the same so it’s a plug and play way to get a little more airflow. You can swap the housing out for the 91-93 cougar housing if you don’t want to run an adapter, but you must use the 94-95 electronics with that housing.

Obviously if you choose to run larger injectors you need to take a different course of action, but that combo will run fine on 19s. You might be near the top end of duty cycle range however.

As with anything. We can scope creep the hell out of that combo. But my point was showing a more budget friendly way of putting together a basic GT40/p combo using as many OE parts as possible. There are better parts, but you’ll pay more.

I started out with GT40P heads, a used TFS1 cam and a explorer intake and TB…and look what scope creep did to my combo :)

It’s 70mm vs 55mm. That’s the only benefit. MAF transfer curves are essentially the same so it’s a plug and play way to get a little more airflow.

Obviously if you choose to run larger injectors you need to take a different course of action, but that combo will run fine on 19s. You might be near the top end of duty cycle range however.

As with anything. We can scope creep the hell out of that combo. But my point was showing a more budget friendly way of putting together a basic GT40/p combo using as many OE parts as possible. There are better parts, but you’ll pay more.

I started out with GT40P heads, a used TFS1 cam and a explorer intake and TB…and look what scope creep did to my combo :)
It’s 70mm vs 55mm. That’s the only benefit. MAF transfer curves are essentially the same so it’s a plug and play way to get a little more airflow. You can swap the housing out for the 91-93 cougar housing if you don’t want to run an adapter, but you must use the 94-95 electronics with that housing.

Can you link me the parts that I need if you insist?

Here’s a list of donor cars for the 70mm MAF

1995-94 Mustang 3.8L F2VF-12B579- A1a or A2A,
1994-92 Crown Victoria 4.6L F2VF-12B579-A2A,
1995-94 Mustang, Mustang Cobra 5.0L F2VF-12B579-A2A,
1994-92 Town Car 4.6L F2VF-12B579-A2A,
1994-92 Grand Marquis 4.6L F2VF-12B579-A2