>>> Kenne Bell 2V twinscrew SC is here!!!!!

VETKILR said:
Numbers,numbers!!!!!

5.Olds suck :notnice:

You think they were better down low because the cars weighed 300-400lbs less. Ever drive a 94-95gt with a 5.Old in it the slowest most depressing mustang ever made...........PERIOD! Even the bad 96-98 headed 4.6s were better than them IMO!!!!

The only thing good about 5.Olds are the parts are cheap and thats just because they break all the time so they sell more! Dont even come a 4.6 tech board and compare a slug to a stallion. :hail2: the 4.6s :D

You aren't very smart, are you?

• Sponsors (?)

Michael Johnson said:
Isn't this like argueing over whether dog $hit would taste better than cat $hit? :shrug:

I agree. First off, your comparing apples to oranges engine wise, BUT apples to apples car wise BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL MUSTANGS!! Drop the I can pee further than you can, 8 year old debate and get back to the awesome fact that Red Dragon is one of the first, if not THE first to use probably one of the best products to come out for the 4.6L to date.

Who cares which car has more go at a given RPM? :bang: They are both Mustangs with equal contributions to the Mustang world and family. Set of gears to fix the 4.6L, set of heads to fix the 5.0L, and done. You want to debate the subject, fine, but do it in a new thread. Frankly I'm here to hear all about the KB twin screw that I could possibly buy for MY SOHC 4.6L V8. Not how my '01 GT has less low end than a '93 GT that wasn't even for sale when I bought my car.

Sorry for the venting, just quit the pissing contest already. You can only beat a dead horse so much. :chair:

Ummm...didn't you guys get sidetracked from the point of this thread? It was a guy who was very excited about his new toy....and wanted to share it. If you want to debate what's better a 5.0 or a 4.6...could you go do it someplace else? There are more people on here just waiting to hear how the car performs and ask some questions about his purchase..... :nonono:

Aiki

I don't doubt that the results will be impressive, but the claims on Kenne Belle's website are specious at best. After all, has anyone ever seen a 2002 GT put down 245 RWHP with nothing but a catback? I seriously doubt it, and if the stock numbers are inflated by around 11% the rest probably are as well. Even so, 360 RWHP from the 9 psi intercooled kit wouldn't be bad IMO... :nice:

Sam98 said:
I don't doubt that the results will be impressive, but the claims on Kenne Belle's website are specious at best. After all, has anyone ever seen a 2002 GT put down 245 RWHP with nothing but a catback? I seriously doubt it, and if the stock numbers are inflated by around 11% the rest probably are as well. Even so, 360 RWHP from the 9 psi intercooled kit wouldn't be bad IMO... :nice:

Just out of curiosity, what can one get out of just a catback???

Matt

AikiRonin said:
Ummm...didn't you guys get sidetracked from the point of this thread? It was a guy who was very excited about his new toy....and wanted to share it. If you want to debate what's better a 5.0 or a 4.6...could you go do it someplace else? There are more people on here just waiting to hear how the car performs and ask some questions about his purchase..... :nonono:

Aiki
:stupid: Amen.

Red Dragon, its been awhile since you've given us an update. How is the car doing? Power? Gas mileage? Overall satisfaction with the kit?

OK!?!?!?!?!?! :shrug:

Back to the KB now. Does anyone know if there will be a Steeda/Cobra Killer/Mongoose (any other i forgot?) setup for a Kenne Bell supercharger??? Would they be able to tune the car the same as they would tune a car with a Vortech or Paxton?? Would Steeda even be able to install a KB on my car???

They seem to get a lot more power with their tunes then most companies who install chargers on mustangs.

_02StangGT_ said:
OK!?!?!?!?!?! :shrug:

Back to the KB now. Does anyone know if there will be a Steeda/Cobra Killer/Mongoose (any other i forgot?) setup for a Kenne Bell supercharger??? Would they be able to tune the car the same as they would tune a car with a Vortech or Paxton?? Would Steeda even be able to install a KB on my car???

They seem to get a lot more power with their tunes then most companies who install chargers on mustangs.

As soon as I can get my hands on a car to do it.I'll have a Reflash for it and a package..

Tim

ASilver2001GT said:
You can use my car as a test mule to set up the package :D

Your best bet would be to go ahead and order the supercharger tomorrow, this way it will be here by next weekend. :jester:

:D

I saw my first Kenne Bell Blower last week on a 302 and I must say it looks very nice. It sounded a little quieter than the roots style to me but the guy didn't go WOT for me to really tell how loud it was. Nice looking, though. He hadn't had it dyno'd.

Michael Johnson said:
Tuning a KB car is different than tuning a centrifugal. Timing and/or fuel taqbles need to be adjusted since the engine will see boost under part throttle and at any rpm. Just make sure that whoever does your tune has experience with twin screw blowers.

If you could only adjust the timing using the fuel tables and various other sensors in the car to keep it safe. :)