Build Thread Mustang5L5's Build Thread -

Status
Not open for further replies.
So need to swap out the control arms on my 2000 GT. Bushings are cracking and falling apart and the balljoint boots are torn.

Not looking forward to messing with putting stock springs back in, so might take the opportnity to change to lowering springs. I think i might go with these. Specs are similar to the Eibach pro-kit, but less of a drop. Alco cheaper.

EDIT: Whelp. Looks like the G springs are made by eibach and likely the same spring.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, that's what i'm looking to avoid mostly. The minute the car starts banging over bumps, i'll lose my love for it. The fox can be the go-kart (and there is a list of roads i avoid driving down, which is easy to do when it's a fun car) , but I want the vert to be a somewhat comfortable cruiser that i drive anywhere since it has been a daily driver for me the past few weeks.

Since the bullitt springs are OE, it might be a good compromise as the ride height will still be factory OE given that it's an OE spring.

But this AM i took a curve in the vert and it felt like I was going to tip over. The mushy 23 year old suspension needs to go. I just don't want to turn the car into a lowered rattlebox. Right now it's pretty tight and takes minor bumps well. The wife might actually get in this one.
Bilstein B6’s and SVE springs on my (otherwise stock) 93 Calypso car yielded a very nice ride for me, as far as fox suspension goes. Definitely firmer than stock, but still smooth and planted.

Yeah, and what cha' gonna do when it gets low on gas, put a blower on it?
Springs this week-------brake upgrade next------- and since you've now got all that braking power you gotta use it right?
Can you say SCREWBLOWER!!???
Shhhhhh... It's more better when he makes these revelations on his own. :pop:

Besides. I have it on good authority that it's already itching his brain. :D

Here's a non Chinese intake for your consideration:

1693328403311.png

:nice:

Lol....trust me...i did look into it. ;)

• Surprised
Reactions: 1 user
No. I'm not doing that. I'm just cleaning the car up a bit.

Well maybe lowering springs and Bilstiens....

And then maybe Cobra brakes....

Oh, i need to swap the crappy Dorman intake out and put a Ford intake back on to regain my 20HP i lost with the Dorman....

Might as well do a plenum. and throttle body....

Eh...why not do a cat-back exhaust too??

But really...i'm just cleaning the car up :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Springs are a PITA to change and if you want the vert to be more like a regular car buy the H&R springs.
They will cost more but you got the car cheap and you are going to actually drive it, might as well be the best driver possible.
What's it like an extra $75?

Don't feel bad for ordering extra stuff, i have at least 3 shorty antennas.

Springs are a PITA to change and if you want the vert to be more like a regular car buy the H&R springs.

I was going to go with H&R springs, but there is only two choices for the convertible. The Super Sport and the Race. Even MM claims the SS is too low and the spring rates on the Race are higher than where I want to be.

I went with the eibach/Ford G springs because the spring rates are just under where the bullitt springs are and it's not as dramatic a drop. I figure that's about where I want to be for something to cruise around.

So interesting sidebar.

My contact at Cosmis seems to be MIA. When he sent me the wheels they accidentally sent one of the wrong finish. He followed up and sent the correct wheel. That was the last time i spoke to him I sent him an email asking him about shipping back the wrong wheel. Nada.

That was 3 weeks ago. I sent the pics he requested of my car and still nothing....

So interesting sidebar.

My contact at Cosmis seems to be MIA. When he sent me the wheels they accidentally sent one of the wrong finish. He followed up and sent the correct wheel. That was the last time i spoke to him I sent him an email asking him about shipping back the wrong wheel. Nada.

That was 3 weeks ago. I sent the pics he requested of my car and still nothing....
Strange, is there maybe an "info@cosmis" type email address you can send something to asking for them to have him get back with you?

I'd give a trimmed set of Bullitt springs a chance with the right shocks/struts. They're paid for, and should ride nice.

You know what….you are right.

I bought the G springs off Amazon, so I can return them if needed. Let’s dig out the bullitt springs and just try it.

What else aM I gonna do with them? Right

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.