The Official "4-Mod-Fox" progress thread

sounds awesome, looking great.

did you see the chevy truck featured on powerblock, i think it was miss misery? a 3,000+ HP AWD black chevy truck. i cant remember what the power adders were using(thinking twin turbo, not sure), but when they had the in-cab camera going it looked like one hell of an intense ride. tell your dad to shoot for that :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

sounds awesome, looking great.

did you see the chevy truck featured on powerblock, i think it was miss misery? a 3,000+ HP AWD black chevy truck. i cant remember what the power adders were using(thinking twin turbo, not sure), but when they had the in-cab camera going it looked like one hell of an intense ride. tell your dad to shoot for that :nice:

Thank you!! And no, I haven't seen that, but I've You Tubed Silverado SS and there are plenty of them with KB's doing AWD burnouts. It was great. He is just gonna drive it, I forgot it also has Flowmaster mufflers. It's a nice sounding truck. It still has cats too, but man the thing just sounds like it really flows fast. It sounds unrestricted. I can't wait to zip down the freeway in that thing on the on ramp.

Anyways, got in this morning about 50 minutes early and I removed some nice exhaust from a parts car Mustang (Bassani o/r X-pipe and Magnaflow Magna Packs) Not sure if I'll use the cat-back because it was VERY loud and didn't have much of a "tuned" sound. I will use the X-pipe though. Prolly just gonna but some new flowmasters and weld them in. I also installed the starter on the motor/transmission.

These aren't from my camera they're from a friends phone and he emailed them to me...his phone is LIGHTYEARS in front of mine. (Nextel)...I mean Next-time!!!! LOL That's what he call it cause of the dropped calls. But I need 2-way for work.

specstage1.jpg

11111.jpg

1111.jpg

122.jpg

123.jpg

12.jpg

looks good buddy

Thanks! :D

Lookin good man, you gonna clean up that coolant tube? That rust is buggin me lol. Sorry if I sound annoying, its like the one guy who told me that my coil wire was too long on my car.

Thanks. And yes, I am absolutely cleaning up that coolant tube. I have the stock one from my 96 Cobra that's mint. I may replace it, but I am tired of pulling bolts from this aluminum block, so I'll prolly sand and paint ths one once it's in the car. I'm going to give the transmision a quick spray down again because my greasy fingerprints are all over it. Gonna give the motor a final Simple Green wipe down as well.

And no...you're not bothering me at all. I know how you feel though if someone tells you something after you have done some good, hard work. But then again, I really beat myself up over the valve covers. Crappy casting left sharp edges, rough areas ect...But now that they are on, and once the motor goes in, I'm not going to see everything I'm worried about. All the guys at work said they look great and to stop worrying about them.

awesome progress Matt!! following closely!! :nice:

Thanks a lot Chris!!

Yea I hear ya, when you do the work and somethings dont go perfect you dwell on them, but other people don't know anything about them. You feel like it looks like ass when everyone else thinks they look perfect. Keep up the good work! At this rate you're going to finish this thing before me and I've been working on this thing for 2 years!!!! lol

You should paint the car blue now to match the valve covers...

:p

PS. i see our wives have been chatting about us on FB :eek:

Dude....I LOVE this color. I am seriously thinking of it. I'm not a huge fan of blue fox bodies, but this color just seems so right. But I do want to replicate a 93 Cobra as much as I can on the outside.

And, about the wives....I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Good thing because they'll be more aquianted when they meet. Bad thing because they are prolly venting about our Mustang obsession!!! :rlaugh:

Yea I hear ya, when you do the work and somethings dont go perfect you dwell on them, but other people don't know anything about them. You feel like it looks like ass when everyone else thinks they look perfect. Keep up the good work! At this rate you're going to finish this thing before me and I've been working on this thing for 2 years!!!! lol

You are so right! I got down on myself about a couple clumps of metallic that flew outta the gun right into the top of the left valve cover. I also got mad that I ran the clear on the corner of the same cover. BUT....once I bolted them on, a thick hunk of wire harness covers that paint drip, and I can't really even see where that clump went. Most people that knock what we all do are unable to do this type of work themselves, so I try to let it go in one ear and out the other. But like you said, most people won't notice that stuff.

Also...you are taking way more time than I am doing your build. While both of our cars are going to be nice, you're car is way more of a show car than mine. Your bay is incredible and I've showed it to all the guys at work. The only reason I am making such rapid progress on this thing is because of the yard. I've got 99% of everything I need right here. Plus Hack Job was practice, so I can cut time in half on this build............If you need some help with parts...ever...I'll try and help.

a couple clumps of metallic that flew outta the gun right into the top of the left valve cover. I also got mad that I ran the clear on the corner of the same cover. BUT....once I bolted them on, a thick hunk of wire harness covers that paint drip, and I can't really even see where that clump went.

Well now that I know that, those things look like garbage! lol j/k

Well now that I know that, those things look like garbage! lol j/k

I know, I'm gonna pull them off, throw them in the dumpster and buy the blue Ford Racing 4V cam covers for 400 dollars!!! :rlaugh: LOL

I know you dropped in that snakes heart last night.. Lets see it brother! :D

Yes, yes yes I did! Feels great!

DSC00604.jpg

DSC00603.jpg

The next thing to do, I think I should take the belt off, and a couple of pulleys and alternator and paint them silver. I am going to clean the timing cover up as well and possibly paint it on the car. And just for MAC'n89, I'm gonna paint that coolant pipe as well. :D Gonna put the water pump on it and the Motorcraft plugs and then start installing the suspension and wiring. Those are the next things to do.

Dude.... looks awesome as hell!!!!! Can't wait to see this thing in person! I think this ultimatly is what i would want to do to my car.. Swap in a mod cobra engine/drivetrain/interior into my fox and do a cobra body kit on it.. That is ideally what i've always wanted to do. Have the hand built cobra engine in a fox.. the best of both worlds!

Dude.... looks awesome as hell!!!!! Can't wait to see this thing in person! I think this ultimatly is what i would want to do to my car.. Swap in a mod cobra engine/drivetrain/interior into my fox and do a cobra body kit on it.. That is ideally what i've always wanted to do. Have the hand built cobra engine in a fox.. the best of both worlds!

Thanks Justin! Yeah, man it feels good using a Cobra motor this time vs. the 2V motor. It was a tighter fit. I had to do things a bit different this time to drop the car on the motor/trans. The sway bar brackets on the rails would have hit the valve covers where the cam sprockets are. So I had to pull the motor forward, drop the car, then push it back and around those darn brackets. I didn't scratch cam covers, but I did scratch the firewall from the EGR tube. No biggie can't even see it, plus I already through some gloss black over it.

:nice: build me one when your finished

Bring the car, lots of cash, and a nice, hot, single lady, because my woman would leave me if I did a third mod-fox. Lots of time time time....:rlaugh:

You can come and toss one of those into my car...

I will take the dash as well...

annndd Cobra brakes.

Thanks!

Installing the motor is the easy part. The dash and firewall is really the only thing that's difficult and time consuming. Once you're over that hump anybody that has any car skills can do this.

BTW...Just looking at the pics again, I wanted to take of the EGR piping, EGR valve and cap off the stock manifolds. But....IF I sell this car, whether it's this year or 2 years from now, I'd like to keep all buyers interested. Hack Job went to either Virginia or West Virginia where I heard they have strict laws. I figured I better leave it all on to entertain all potential buyers. Even though there are no converters, that can be changed easier than reinstalling all the EGR piping onto the manifolds. And I definately wanna paint or just Simple Green the alternator and timing cover. I don't mind painted stuff, but sometimes stock, clean aluminum looks good too.

wow man, your attention to detail is amazing this car is going to be a true beauty. when you go to sell make sure you tell the people of stangnet so maybe one of us can take home that piece of art. i tell you if i had the money to entertain you as a buyer if you sell it in a couple few years... well i would jump all over that like penny hot cakes.

wow man, your attention to detail is amazing this car is going to be a true beauty. when you go to sell make sure you tell the people of stangnet so maybe one of us can take home that piece of art. i tell you if i had the money to entertain you as a buyer if you sell it in a couple few years... well i would jump all over that like penny hot cakes.

Thanks bro. I kept the sale of Hack Job on the DL when I sold it. I'll keep SN in mind when it's for sale.

I don't pay too much attention to detail...I do somewhat, but in order to do a bay like 25thMustang or MACn89, you've gotta spend a lot more time. I am always in a hurry. lol...I just want it done by spring. Fully done. Those guys bays are super detailed. Thanks for the compliments.