Twin Turbo Build Progress -pics-

• Sponsors (?)

GreenMustangGt said:
Lastly this is a pic of how my exhaust is set up now.Soon 2 turbos will be mounted there! BBK shorties/Summit h-pipe-Flowmaster cat-back is what i ahvve now. This setup is gonna be nice because i will still be able to bolt in my stock 4-cat h-pipe for emmissions testing.

DSC01800.JPG
sweet project. i'm a little confused about the piping tho.

i understand about getting the air from the side scoops, that is really cool! the cdc scoops would be perfect for that!

View attachment 506847

are the turbos going where the mufflers are now? are you putting in smaller mufflers then?

how are you routing the cold side to the intercooler?

i'm worried that the length of pipe from the turbos to the throttle body will result in noticeable lag. then again, with a .42 a/r, they should spool up pretty early.

i will definately be watching this thread. i had a turbo project in the works, but i had to abort it a month ago because we bought a house. i would love to plan another one for a few years down the line after i get my feet under me again.

Attachments

• DSC01800.JPG
    DSC01800.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 73
BlackVert said:

i understand about getting the air from the side scoops, that is really cool! the cdc scoops would be perfect for that!

View attachment 506843

are the turbos going where the mufflers are now? are you putting in smaller mufflers then?

i'm worried that the length of pipe from the turbos to the throttle body will result in noticeable lag. then again, with a .42 a/r, they should spool up pretty early.

i will definately be watching this thread. i had a turbo project in the works, but i had to abort it a month ago because we bought a house. i would love to plan another one for a few years down the line after i get my feet under me again.

What did you end up doing with that kit?

reldapimp said:
aslong as he uses the correct size piping turbo lag should not be a problem.

you can view the formula's here

http://www.turbomustangs.com/forums...?threadid=17458

Also I think he has everything covered since he is already a member at that site :)
i am also a member of that site. the worry i have is with the amount of piping between the compressor and the intake. the more volume there is in that pipe, the more air it takes to build pressure. volume comes from either diameter or length.

i also believe he has considered it.

BlackVert said:

View attachment 506771

actually im gonna try and not use any mufflers, the turbos are gonna be there. and if i cant pass inspection, ill throw some small ones under the rear bumper.

Ill be using 2-1/4 piping from each for a couple of feet, then into a single 2-1/2 pipe up the driver side, through a fmic, then to the TB...im trying to locate flanges now, or make em...then ill post pics of the progress!

WICKED man love it. I thought about doing the exhuast mounted turbo route as well, but didnt see anyone or no one had done it to their stangs. I remember reading an article of one done on a Fbody and they mounted the turbos more towards the rear of the car.

Either way awesome idea, if it turns out I hate to say this but I think ill be one of the first to copy you. I like keeping the engine bay looking clean, rear mounted turbos are such a cool idea I just didnt know anyone first hand that have done them.

Going to follow this thread for sure!

yellow1995Cobra said:
Seats look great man.. i like them alot..

Looking forward to another update to this thread!
yea man when i get some money im definiately gettin some of those seats and black carpet.......u got any shots of teh seats looking back so u can see teh tan back seats also....just wondering if i should consider gettin a black leather back seat to match teh jegs fronts......

Yeas those are Crysler T3's, that explains the oddball 4th bolt hole. Have you tried grinding out the 4th bolt hole ( oblonging it)? If that doesnt work, your going to have to get someone to machine you 2 flanges. Take the turbine housing, and a piece of paper.. Trace out the bolt pattern and inlet, into a piece of thin cardboard and take it to a machine shop.

Those turbos should work well though.

Very Nice!! working on my twin set up too. Love the way your hiding everything, I'm hiding everything up front by flipping my header to face forward and mounting the turbos in front of the front tires. I will need a coil over cause I have to run my turbo exhaust through my A-Arms.
I picked up 2 T4/T3 hybrids from Ebay and still piecing all my parts together.

You know our engines will only hold about 450hp before Our blocks grenade? But hey some have got away with 550hp on a constant basis.. Go luck and keep us posted

OinkAodeOink said:
Yeas those are Chrysler T3's, that explains the oddball 4th bolt hole. Have you tried grinding out the 4th bolt hole ( oblonging it)? If that doesnt work, your going to have to get someone to machine you 2 flanges. Take the turbine housing, and a piece of paper.. Trace out the bolt pattern and inlet, into a piece of thin cardboard and take it to a machine shop.

Those turbos should work well though.
B&G over at turbomustangs should also be able to make those flanges. They have a CNC machine now.

GreenMustangGt said:
Well guys, i got my used t3's today.

Garrett model number: TB0335 (T3 series turbo)
Compressor Trim: 50
Compressor housing A/R: .42
Turbine Trim: 69
Turbine housing A/R: .48
Horsepower Capabilities: ~275hp
Internal Wastegate: Yes
Water cooled: Yes
Wastegate setting: 7 psi
Water cooled? Does that mean you need to provide a radiator feed to the turbos?