Went To The Dark Side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well guys after going back and forth I've decided to trade my GT in and get an 08 Corvette. :eek:

My last day with the car will be sometime next week when I go sign the papers. Im going to miss her but moving on to bigger and SLOWER things. LOL I test drove a few and they much much slower than my car BUT much better every where else other than speed.

Im getting an 08 Victory Red Coupe with standard 6spd and transparent top. Car should be here around first of the year which means I wont be able to drive it for like 3-4 months after I get it.:jaw:
Any way just thought Id let you guys know and Ill get some pics up when she comes in.

You have too much money.. DO you want to adopt a 31 year old :D

• Sponsors (?)

Yea I’m in College, the Shelby is half mine, my dad and I share that, though I drive it more.

I've been working 40+hrs a week during the summer since I was like 13 and working during school 20+hrs a week for quite a few years, so I have some money saved up. My dad has generously helped me out with my Mustang but I’m taking out a $15k loan and should probably have the Corvette paid off by the end of next year. I start working full time again Monday and will be pulling in about 1500 a month.

No other bills to pay?? Damn, must be nice:nice:

No other bills to pay?? Damn, must be nice:nice:

I live at home (free meals, room, utilities, ect) becuse Im not like every other stupid kid I know that feels like at 18 they are an adult and need to move out, then 6 months later moves back home but now in debt.

Like I said I've been saving and have money in stocks and just stashed away for something like this and also for my future. My only are bills gas and cell and my gas is paid through a college account my dad started for me back when I was like 1 day old and my phone I split with my mom because we share minutes, so thats like $25 a month. :nice:

Damn, what am I doing wrong??? I should quit my job and become a gigolo.

Im not a gigolo Im in ****, big difference but I am a gigolo on the side. :eek:

I live at home (free meals, room, utilities, ect) becuse Im not like every other stupid kid I know that feels like at 18 they are an adult and need to move out, then 6 months later moves back home but now in debt.

Like I said I've been saving and have money in stocks and just stashed away for something like this and also for my future. My only are bills gas and cell and my gas is paid through a college account my dad started for me back when I was like 1 day old and my phone I split with my mom because we share minutes, so thats like $25 a month. :nice:

Im not a gigolo Im in ****, big difference but I am a gigolo on the side. :eek:

Im not hatin:D

Hell, if ya got the scratch get a Z06:nice: :nice: :flag: :flag: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2:

Don't take this the wrong way but I promise you that you will regret this.

Car=depreciating asset. 08 Corvette= super depreciating asset.

I know you say you will have it paid off in a year or whatever but you also say you have spent since you were 13 working and saving. Is it really worth it to you to essentially throw all of that away when you are about to start life on your own within the next few years?

I started working summers when I was 10 and full time when I was 15 and had a ton of money saved up by the time I was about 20 but you will miss it once it is gone trust me. It's the difference between paying your house off at 30 or having a vette and doing it at 45. It's cool that your parents pay for your living expenses and everything but one of these days you will have to be responsible for yourself and trust me that money will come in handy.

But it sounds like you have made up your mind already so have fun. :nice:

Don't take this the wrong way but I promise you that you will regret this.

Car=depreciating asset. 08 Corvette= super depreciating asset.

I know you say you will have it paid off in a year or whatever but you also say you have spent since you were 13 working and saving. Is it really worth it to you to essentially throw all of that away when you are about to start life on your own within the next few years?

I started working summers when I was 10 and full time when I was 15 and had a ton of money saved up by the time I was about 20 but you will miss it once it is gone trust me. It's the difference between paying your house off at 30 or having a vette and doing it at 45. It's cool that your parents pay for your living expenses and everything but one of these days you will have to be responsible for yourself and trust me that money will come in handy.

But it sounds like you have made up your mind already so have fun. :nice:

Like I said I have money in stocks and still will have money in the bank, its not just like Im closing out my bank account to buy this car and Ill have $0 to my name after that.

Also Vettes hold their value pretty well, most 06-07 Vettes around here are still pulling high 30s w/ 10k-20k miles. Im getting mine for 40,500 which is quite a bit under sticker.

Like I said I have money in stocks and still will have money in the bank, its not just like Im closing out my bank account to buy this car and Ill have $0 to my name after that.

Also Vettes hold their value pretty well, most 06-07 Vettes around here are still pulling high 30s w/ 10k-20k miles. Im getting mine for 40,500 which is quite a bit under sticker.

Eh, as soon as the newest body style comes out, the prices always drop by 50%. No American car holds value well :rlaugh:

If I were you I would get a used Z06. I see them for sale for around 28, 29k.

I really dont care for the looks of the C5s plus a C6 vs a C5 Z06 is very close performance wise giving advantage to the C6.

Edit: By the way insurance for my Vette is $1000 a year. Thats dirt cheap, hell my Lincoln is $1,300 every six months!

Wait, hold the phone! What are you parents donating like $20,000 to your car? Even if you put ~$20k down on a $40k car, you're payments will be ~$1,600+ a month if you plan to pay it off in a year.

$1,500/mo * 12 = 18,000... so basically you are going to dump every penny you make into your car? How will you afford insurance? Gas? Maintenance?

Only reason I ask is I looked into selling the stang and getting a C6 and I make a lot more than that a month and there was no logical way I could have the car paid off in a year and yes, i live at home. Maybe I just go out too much... lol :shrug:

Regardless, bad ass car! Good luck with it bro! :flag:

Well guys after going back and forth I've decided to trade my GT in and get an 08 Corvette. :eek:

My last day with the car will be sometime next week when I go sign the papers. Im going to miss her but moving on to bigger and SLOWER things. LOL I test drove a few and they much much slower than my car BUT much better every where else other than speed.

Im getting an 08 Victory Red Coupe with standard 6spd and transparent top. Car should be here around first of the year which means I wont be able to drive it for like 3-4 months after I get it.:jaw:
Any way just thought Id let you guys know and Ill get some pics up when she comes in.

Cant Blame Ya Id Do The Same Thing :rlaugh:

I'm pretty sure i'd go nuts trying to choose what to drive betweent teh vette and the gt500. I guess i'd rather just have one, to put all my love into, rather than split it two ways. But good for you man, I wish i could afford all the cars you have.

Wait, hold the phone! What are you parents donating like $20,000 to your car? Even if you put ~$20k down on a $40k car, you're payments will be ~$1,600+ a month if you plan to pay it off in a year.

$1,500/mo * 12 = 18,000... so basically you are going to dump every penny you make into your car? How will you afford insurance? Gas? Maintenance?

Only reason I ask is I looked into selling the stang and getting a C6 and I make a lot more than that a month and there was no logical way I could have the car paid off in a year and yes, i live at home. Maybe I just go out too much... lol :shrug:

Regardless, bad ass car! Good luck with it bro! :flag:

No like I said Im pulling out the money I had in the bank to pay off MOST of the difference. Im only taking a loan out for about $15k which puts my payments at around $250-$300 a month on a 60 month loan. I did a 60 month loan for the fact that I dont like knowing Im just getting by on payments, if I have a $250 payment do at the end of the month and I made $2000 that month then Ill prolly pay $1000-$1500+ for that months payment. The thing is if I get laid off or we get slow and I have a $1000+ payment do at the end of the month and I only made $600 what am I going to do? I know even if I get fired and cant find a job I can make $300 a month mowing lawns (summer) or shoveling driveways (winter). LOL

Plus we dont do much here in Indiana, mostly anytime we do something its at someones house with a case (or two) of beer and a nice fire, which means pretty much free unless you pitch in a few bucks for the beer. Hell I want to go out all the time but all my friends are cheap and don't like spending money. LOL

what dealer are you going with. I past you on st. rd. 3 the other day and your car looks real mean coming down the road.

You seem to have a this all worked out and planned out very well I hope everything works out for you.

Well guys some things came up and I wont be getting the Vette, some money problems happened and I couldn't take the risk of not being able to make payments. :( I had a guy intrested in buying her out right and I just cant do it as of right now, since I do have some money Im thinking, if I do keep her, I'm going to do:

Built 4R70W
Stall
Some Suspension Work
100 Shot of Nitrous
Fresh Tune

Should easily put me in the 10s I think and cost 1/4 of what I would have been paying for the new Vette if I go through with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.