Added 20hp with C&L combo! Dyno results here

I'm pissed!

Black96VertGT said:
I really don't want to hear this! I just dropped $750 for all this stuff! :bang: But I'm going to install it anyway and if the dyno says it wasn't worth it, I'll ... I don't know what I'll do! I'll probably take them off and hold onto them until after the headswap. If they still don't help, then I'll sell them on ebay, I guess.
My stuff just got here and rpmoutlet.com FUQed up the order! :mad: :bang: :mad:

I ordered:

C&L 10696P (96-98 Mass Air Kit w/ True-Flow pipe)
C&L 711 (C&L Upper Intake Plenum w/ Small PCV fitting (1996))

I got:

C&L 10699P (99-01 Mass Air Kit w/ True-Flow pipe)
C&L 711A (C&L Upper Intake Plenum w/ Large PCV fitting (2001+))

Now I have to send it back and wait probably 2 more weeks! :mad: :bang: :mad:

• Sponsors (?)

Black96VertGT said:
My stuff just got here and rpmoutlet.com FUQed up the order! :mad: :bang: :mad:

I ordered:

C&L 10696P (96-98 Mass Air Kit w/ True-Flow pipe)
C&L 711 (C&L Upper Intake Plenum w/ Small PCV fitting (1996))

I got:

C&L 10699P (99-01 Mass Air Kit w/ True-Flow pipe)
C&L 711A (C&L Upper Intake Plenum w/ Large PCV fitting (2001+))

Now I have to send it back and wait probably 2 more weeks! :mad: :bang: :mad:

Man that sucks... Waiting for anything is the worst.. I have been waiting for my Precision Industries Torque Converter (3200 stall) for 1 week, tomarrow it finally comes... I can't wait

Well when you finally get your parts, it will be worth the wait!! :banana:

I have the remote optimizer on my car as well. I love it. Easy to tune.

I remember like a year ago, when I posted that I had it, amny people were like WTF? Everyone told me that it was a waist, and shouldnt be used. But it makes all teh difference in the world on teh dyno.

Congrats, on the good #'s.

99BRINGIT said:
I have the remote optimizer on my car as well. I love it. Easy to tune.

I remember like a year ago, when I posted that I had it, amny people were like WTF? Everyone told me that it was a waist, and shouldnt be used. But it makes all teh difference in the world on teh dyno
So theoretically, a Pro-M Optimizer could be better than a tune right? Since if you add more mods, you can tune the A/F yourself... and change it whenever you want without having to pay for another tune. (Maybe the Steeda adaptive tune is better though)

Soon enough I'm going to get a tune be it a chip or flash since I think I'm running rich. BUT, I'm not sure if I'm done modding my car yet so I may end up getting another tune later on then. Would an Optimizer be a better purchase? I'm going to get a 75mm tb before going to the dyno in a month or two.

JonJon said:
So theoretically, a Pro-M Optimizer could be better than a tune right? Since if you add more mods, you can tune the A/F yourself... and change it whenever you want without having to pay for another tune. (Maybe the Steeda adaptive tune is better though)

Soon enough I'm going to get a tune be it a chip or flash since I think I'm running rich. BUT, I'm not sure if I'm done modding my car yet so I may end up getting another tune later on then. Would an Optimizer be a better purchase? I'm going to get a 75mm tb before going to the dyno in a month or two.

That is exactly why I like the tweecer... :nice:

I dont know much about this Pro M optimizer, but does it give you exact readouts of your A/F mixture, or is it just a dial that says "leaner" and "richer"? It sounds to me that once you hit the dyno, then it can be adjusted for power gains. Is this correct, or can I play with this thing in my driveway and know my exact A/F ratio throughout the RPM range? The reason why I ask this is because if it is used when your car is sitting on the dyno, its probably cheaper, and will have the same result as getting a tune from the dyno shop.

StangYellow said:
I dont know much about this Pro M optimizer, but does it give you exact readouts of your A/F mixture, or is it just a dial that says "leaner" and "richer"? It sounds to me that once you hit the dyno, then it can be adjusted for power gains. Is this correct, or can I play with this thing in my driveway and know my exact A/F ratio throughout the RPM range? The reason why I ask this is because if it is used when your car is sitting on the dyno, its probably cheaper, and will have the same result as getting a tune from the dyno shop.
The site says : "This is best done using a fuel/air ratio meter. Care should be taken, as it is possible to damage the engine by running it too lean. If it smokes and burbles it is too rich. More important, if it pops or pings, it is too lean."

and actually, I'm going ot make a new thread about the Optimizer to not hijack this one...

Sam98 said:
True, but all you can do is fool the PCM into making the air-fuel ratio richer or leaner. With the tweecer you can change anything though I will admit it isn't as easy to use. :D
Yeah, the SCT tuner package looks nicer, but that's even more than the Tweecer package. :doh:
Just tinkering with the A/F is probably all I'd ever do anyways :p

Highroller said:
well the plenum and t/b I felt instantly.. and it takes alot for my SOTP meter to work.. I could really believe I got more then 15 hp from them.

the only reason I think im not running rich is because i had a chip made and my tuner said I was pretty much dead on, but he made just alittle adjustments and he said they were dead on.. now that was before the plenum and throttle body but it seems like my computer would of adjusted.. i felt alot more power days later.. as if it took some adjustments by computer to get the maximum results

Can't I just slap on the plenum and T-body and let the computer figure out the rest? There's no place close to tune anything around here.

JonJon said:

Doesn't it make it richer or leaner throughout the whole RPM range? What if you are fine up to about 3500 and then get richer as the RPMs get higher? That's what my dyno says. It couldn't fix that, could it?

You should not attempt to use the Optimizer without the dyno showing you the air/fuel ratio. It is extremely dangerous to simply twist the dials in your driveway with no idea of the effect it's having on your air/fuel.

There are ports on the box for a volt meter to read the voltage it's putting out. But you can't exactly read it while at full throttle going down the local street. ;)
You need to put it on a stationary dyno to dial it in properly.