Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

• Sponsors (?)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401471814.879023.jpg

All welded in

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401556437.843733.jpg

well it runs sort of . had it running was stupid rich I set tps and in the pms and it cleared it up I was trying to bleed coolant and it got warm so I shut it done and it fouled the plugs up a bit . sounds good but I gotta get it to idle and stuff I can't set the timing even yet .

Reactions: 1 users
So my next issue to sort before going for the tune it seems the PMS isn't seeing the vaccum for some reason I don't no why the map sensor is hooked up and fed vaccum by the manifold and it is t into the bypass valve on the blower

I disconnected it and sucked on the hose and blew into and still got no reading . any ideas @84Ttop . I am gonna have to check the sensor tomorrow

The map sensor is plug and play. I suppose you could have a bad sensor but I'm not 100% sure how you would test it. Are you seeing the reference voltage in the map pigtail?

The map sensor is plug and play. I suppose you could have a bad sensor but I'm not 100% sure how you would test it. Are you seeing the reference voltage in the map pigtail?
Yeah i figured that , I have to check tomorrow and see im assuming maybe it just took a dump ill check voltage first and then maybe swap the sensor and see

beauty!,nice work...ps,my maf gave me issues also,ran like crap after rebuild,i had to put dielectric grease in the adaptor,and it fixed the problem...

Reactions: 1 users
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401646688.206145.jpg
@84Ttop here's what I am seeing on the pms for vac and it does fluctuate.1-.3 I couldn't put it into boost obviously .

First step is to figure out why i have no 02 sensor voltage reading. Maybe they are dead? And then maybe see why the hell i am showing .1psi as opposed to being in vaccum. i did order the sensor either way to see.

Also noticed iam not seeing maf voltage here. Gotta see what the deal is. I had an issue with a ground in the 02 harness pin backing out and maybe that may be an issue here as well.

Another thing i am thinking is that the vaccum needs to be seperate from the bypass valve i am gonna run the vac straight to the tree an t off my gauge and see if that changes the map sensor reading

Last edited: