Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

• Sponsors (?)

Are you thinking of a Meth kit down the road?...to keep it cool and for safety ?...
eh i thought about it but its not really something i would like to keep in a car i use as much as i use this thing. so i am not sure. his car made over 4xx on big daddys dyno and he drove the piss out of it and never had an issue .

Ok cool...i run it and i used my car daily for a yr..its nice to have and i didnt fill it that much...LOL...depends on how much boost you set it for to come it etc etc....i just like the added safety factor...but im sure they will get your tune spot on...

Ok cool...i run it and i used my car daily for a yr..its nice to have and i didnt fill it that much...LOL...depends on how much boost you set it for to come it etc etc....i just like the added safety factor...but im sure they will get your tune spot on...
Me too I just worry about it in an accident situation and stuff honestly that's the biggest factor for me . it still isn't out of the question

kid said it made between 10-12 at 6k on his car same heads etc
What pulley is on the blower and what size crank pulley?

I personally would stay away from methanol. It works great for some people and when it's working perfectly its all good. It's that one time the pump fails, a line breaks, you're empty etc that you wind up melting something down. I honestly view it like a bandaid, it lets you get away with more timing for increased power but you could also just use better fuel or not be so damn greedy, lol. I'm sure i'll get flak for this but it's only my .02 cents ;)

Reactions: 1 user
What pulley is on the blower and what size crank pulley?

I personally would stay away from methanol. It works great for some people and when it's working perfectly its all good. It's that one time the pump fails, a line breaks, you're empty etc that you wind up melting something down. I honestly view it like a bandaid, it lets you get away with more timing for increased power but you could also just use better fuel or not be so damn greedy, lol. I'm sure i'll get flak for this but it's only my .02 cents ;)
Nick pretty sure it's the one piece 6.87 lower with a 3.15 upper

With a power pipe and the 3.15 upper pulley I wouldn't be surprised if it saw 12-14+ lbs of boost instead of the 10-12 you're thinking. Once you strap it to the dyno we wont be guessing anymore though, lol. When you get the itch for more boost we can swap a 8" renegade lower pulley on:nice: :D

Reactions: 1 user
With a power pipe and the 3.15 upper pulley I wouldn't be surprised if it saw 12-14+ lbs of boost instead of the 10-12 you're thinking. Once you strap it to the dyno we wont be guessing anymore though, lol. When you get the itch for more boost we can swap a 8" renegade lower pulley on:nice: :D
Hehehe I may do. a boss block , dart or something 4 bolt main build this coming winter depending on overtime the rest of the year and swap my
heads and stuff on after some porting and then pulley down ... that's in my thoughts as of now :)

Reactions: 2 users
My friends tell me I'm a "1%er" apparently I fall into that 1% of the population that is just way to into a hobby.. At least I don't spend my money on crack!?

Jeff, I believe you to be in that 1% category as well, lol

Reactions: 1 users