Scale Auto Model Build Off?

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah I got really lucky, mine was pretty good from the get go. Had some mold lines (along the top of the 1/4s right where foxes have nasty lines usually), some shaping I had to take care of near the front, and had to trim up the hatch line. I also did the trick with grooving the door and trunk lines to make it look more realistic.

Just hit the last coat of primer. Going to scuff it one more time with 2000 grit, and wash it really good before paint. Havent decided on the color yet, but Ill probably hop on ebay and choose over there.

Seats are 95% done, interior is flocked waiting for the dash and some small pieces to be done. Im not adding a cage as originally planned, but I have done those before, and this is my learning experience!

Alright since I havent posted pics yet (LONG story, got two new computers, and just got the software for our crappy digi camera (hence the bad quality) back on the new one).

Picture one shows the car with the nose and hood layed on, not glued. The hood is scratch built and near perfect (shape and finish). I also deepend the door/trunk gaps to make it look more realistic.

Picture two shows the interior and my first flocking carpet job. That was the ONLY flocking material the store had that was not green or brown, and it isnt right. I am going to try some new places next time, but this works for what Im doing. What you cant see is the piping on the front seats (pics were even worse than these), which took a while but looks good.

The third picture shows the custom made LTs (from 100% nothing and they fit perfect), the wheels I dished, and the GT40 intake (although that looks kind of bad) I made. Lots of custom stuff going on this, its my learning project!

510784_319_full.jpg

510784_321_full.jpg

510784_322_full.jpg

How'd you make the intake?

I made a custom 1/24 plastic of my own car, and molded the cowl/vents onto the hood as well as the open area/fog light area on the front bumper. Came out pretty nice for the time I put into it. Wasn't exactly building from scratch though! Back in high school I could've done that, but I wasn't even into cars then :shrug:

The hood was the easiest part. I cut out the tiny cowl the hood already had, and then bent it to the rough shape. Then I cut out two side pieces from sheet styrene. I glued them in, and glued the cut section of the hood on top. Then made a filler piece for the front (there was a gap) out of thinner styrene. Then putty and sand/putty sand/putty sand etc... I havent finished the underside yet, but will probably start in that today.

The intake I did is getting revamped. I got some good putty now, and and going to shape it to look more real.

I dont buy anything online, just got to local hobby stores and thats where I find it. I might start buying my flocking material online though, as I cant seem to find anything good locally.

Looks good Dave, but from so far away, idk... might be junk up close

J/K :p

I dont buy anything online, just got to local hobby stores and thats where I find it. I might start buying my flocking material online though, as I cant seem to find anything good locally.

Looks good Dave, but from so far away, idk... might be junk up close

J/K :p

You got me.....its all junk! LOL
You better bring your A game though, cause this is going to be one hell of a build.....thats if i can ever get the panel lines straight on this thing. I had to get the kit from hell:bang:

I am with you, SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL HOBBY SHOP!
Let me know if you need a specific color, my local shop has many differnt colors in flocking....$4.95

good thing Im doing a race car. They dont have carpet. lol

Going to be doing the paint here soon. Not sure on the colors though.
I bought a yellow, but I might do something other than one color.

I have a purple pearl, black, red, Go Mango Orange and Competition Orange.

You got me.....its all junk! LOL
You better bring your A game though, cause this is going to be one hell of a build.....thats if i can ever get the panel lines straight on this thing. I had to get the kit from hell:bang:

I am with you, SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL HOBBY SHOP!
Let me know if you need a specific color, my local shop has many differnt colors in flocking....$4.95

what is flocking? the carpet looking stuff? and 25th how did u make the LT's??

wow, I wish I could join in , but I have a 1:1 in the drive way that needs to go back together.

:lol:

Ok, I'm in!! I think I have a few models lying around at home I can throw together. Will post up admission pics tonight. COOL!! The bulb on my 52" blew out this week so I'm waiting for a new one, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting..............why not build a model?

wow, I wish I could join in , but I have a 1:1 in the drive way that needs to go back together.

I guess you havent seen my progress pics. My 1:1 car is in a billion pieces getting a new interior, motor, rear, and paint. Not to mention winter term for college, senior years worth of work, portfolio design, and everything else that I have to do!

The LTs were made out of solder, and the collecter is heat shrink and plastic styrene.

Flocking is what is used for carpet!

I went to Michael's craft store tonight and they didnt have any Mustangs besides the '06 and I wasnt paying $15.99 for it.
I went to Walmart right by Michaels and they had a bunch of cool kits but the Mustang selection was lacking. Just a Boss, the lowrider and a Shelby GT500-R.

Im trying to find something but Im having a hard time. I dont really know which kit I want but I know which ones I dont want.