2005 Mustang GT On Nitrous

• Sponsors (?)

And at last the bottle is filled and the system purged. :D

My dyno tuning appointment is set for 10-11:00 on Friday and the Test and Tune session at Sacramento begins @ 5:00pm so I'll have plenty of time to get dialed in.

Wish me luck and I hope to see some of you from the region there. I'll be the red GT breaking into the 12s fairly easily, hopefully. :nice:

Anyways, here is the final installation pic and the purge video.

nx_install_12.jpg

http://snt-systems.com/temp/mustang/nx_purge.avi

-Dan

With my 05 Mustang GT I brought about a best of 13.723 @ 101.485 mph without the use of the 100 shot of nitrous oxide. With the bottle I was able to improve that to a best of 12.926 @ 112.729. There is still more in the setup Im currently running but I'll address that another day.

My 60ft times were all about the same ranging from 2.0 to 2.1 and I was hitting the button @ about 3500 (in first) and auto shifting @ 6200. I did spin the tires on my last run when I hit the button @ 3000 and only did a 13 flat.

So... not bad for my first trip to the track EVER and with the stock wheels and tires (@ 50psi) and few modifications. Im making 365rwhp @ 5850rpm and 336ft/lbs @ 5350 on a Mustang Dyno too with the n2o and 274rwhp @ 5600rpm and 264.8 @ 5350. We did notice the torque management sliping the converter so the numbers werent going to get much better without additional tuning.

Sacramento raceway rocks by the way, for my total of 8 runs I paid $45 and I could have done so much more but I knew the bottle was running low so the day came to an end @ 9:00pm.

The next route isnt quite smog legal but I have a few years till inspection so Im game. :D

If you guys want to see the long dyno run let me know cause its a huge file and about 2 minutes worth of footage. :nice:

-Dan

Evil Sephiroth said:
I was running 12.6 at the track on my stock tires, with that RWHP number I would have expected lower then 12.9
Well, this was my first time at the track and I was testing a few settings, mostly the auto's shift points, set to 6200 under WOT. I forgot to let the air out of the tires so I was running with 50psi. :notnice:

I'm sure the car, in its current form, is good for a 12.5 @ 115+ but I have to get the "kinks" worked out first. Whatever they may be. Im shooting for 11s so I have a good start on that goal. I'll get a revised tune for the car when Im done adding in the go fast parts so I can save some money.

-Dan

He also had 50 lbs of air in the tires. Dan - Kick Butt!!!! Drop the pressures down to 23-25 and try again. Bryanzstang was getting 1.8s-1.9s on the stock tires so you should be able to drop the 60fts!

If you can cut a 1.9 60ft that should get you 12.7s!

I have been thinking real hard about nitrous. A 100 shot would net me 435-450 rwhp! I could handle that!!! That should get me 11.90s with traction!!!

On a scale of 1-10 (10 the hardest) what would you rate the NO2 install at?

Doc GTO said:
On a scale of 1-10 (10 the hardest) what would you rate the NO2 install at?
Doing the NX kit racked my brain with the electrical since I mixed in the ZEX TPS but overall the install was a 6 since nobody else had provided any info as to where to mount the solenoids. I was picky about the wiring and the switches so that took most of my time. If somebody used my "guide" for a similar install it would back it down to a 3 or 4. :nice:

Im looking forward to my next trip and lower psi in the tires. :D

-Dan

bigcat said:
he really means post #42, thats were the link for the purge video is at....... :D

Glad that you clarified that, I was wondering what the heck a Dyno sheet had to do with the purge.

Clevland: Great car, nice updates and sweet execution of installation and basically fabing your own sytem. Have you gotten any work if NX is going to build a kit for our cars for people less mechanically gifted than yourself?
:flag:

2L8IWON said:
Glad that you clarified that, I was wondering what the heck a Dyno sheet had to do with the purge.

Clevland: Great car, nice updates and sweet execution of installation and basically fabing your own sytem. Have you gotten any work if NX is going to build a kit for our cars for people less mechanically gifted than yourself?
:flag:
They didnt tell me a thing other than that they dont have the correct part. We should all email our requests in so we dont have to use aftermarket fuel rails or adapters (Zex).

-Dan