"Blown" An Epic Campaign to V6 Mustang Superiority!

I don't think that the 6 can achieve 400+ without some serious modifications. This month's MM&FF has a Kenne Bell install on a 3V-4.6L and they had to do some serious rework to achieve 490+rwhp.

Anyone else read the article? Comments/Thoughts when comparing the modifications and reprogramming required on the Kenne Bell GT S/C install, to what would be required for a V-6 version to achieve similiar HP/TQ figures????

Jennifer

• Sponsors (?)

@ALL

Jesus Christ!!! OMG!! Will this bolt onto my motor?

LOL!! Nope, but they offer one that does.. And its a Twin Screw!! Looks just like Duners setup.. I'm going to make contact!!

Ok guys!! They have 5 available.. This is a different seller.. Whose taking the plung with me?

Zodiac

Echo7

Who else?

Look at the price!!

We still need the damn Supercharger.. LOL!! I should read it all before I post.. But anyway, things are starting to look real good guys!!

MSP said:
Ok guys!! They have 5 available.. This is a different seller.. Whose taking the plung with me?

Zodiac

Echo7

Who else?

Look at the price!!

We still need the damn Supercharger.. LOL!! I should read it all before I post.. But anyway, things are starting to look real good guys!!

Looks good. You can be our guinea pig, so to speak. I'm a little more cautious. I'll wait until there is a kit designed specifically for the Mustang. But that looks good, especially for the price!

Jimp said:
Looks good. You can be our guinea pig, so to speak. I'm a little more cautious. I'll wait until there is a kit designed specifically for the Mustang. But that looks good, especially for the price!

Well, the kit above is for the basics to mount the M90 SC to the 4.0L SOHC motor.. Its needed... But the actual M90 Eaton SC is also needed to complete the package.. That still puts the total cost for the entire setup in a really appealing light.. Also, the 3.8L V6 with this kit produces 300Ftlbs of Torque.. So we can reasonably assume that for our motors, we could be looking at 350 to 375FT lbs, if we are slightly lucky..

Jimp, dude I am so excited.. My first task is to acquire the Eaton M90 3.8 S/C.. Once I get this, I'll post the pics.. But consider the Epic campaign started... My search for truth behind the V6 Stangs Superiority is underway.. I am on the right path, with all the right materials.. Once I get the supercharger in hand, I can begin my assault on the throne of the 2005 Mustang..

All looked dim for awhile, but the light has found me.. The light of the dream I had when i purchased the V6 over the GT has searched me out, and now we are one.. Expect pictures of the build, which will be done by me alone.. This thread will be one of the most exciting Stangnet has ever known.. It is sure to captivate all 2005 Mustang owners from sea to shinning sea.. We will be victorious Jimp.. You and I and all of our other brothers will reign supreme in the end.. The battle has begun, and I am putting all stock GT owners on notice.. You better get it up from stock, because I am coming for ass before the end of this summer!! :nice:

Keep in mind that the goal of this build, is to build-up the V6 Stang motor to a level that highly exceeds the straightline performance of the 2005 GT Mustang.. For it to be successful, we must keep the price of the entire build to below what a stock GT Mustang would cost.. Based on parts and info I have found thus far, this will be an easy task.. We need to try and get all this done for less than $2000.. Which is why I must build it myself.. The SC kit is the most expensive item thus far at around $1300 bucks.. The M90 Eaton is the last piece needed which could be found used for a very inexpensive price.. So add about $1500 bucks to the cost of a 2005 Mustang V6, and give it about 285HP+ and about 350 to 400FTlbs of torque, and I will prove that everyone should be buying V6 Stangs and forget about the hard to find GT's.. LOL!! Dont get me wrong, the GT is an awsome car.. But I think more fun can be attained from buying a V6 and putting in alittle elbow grease and a few dollars!! :D

Jimp

Please remove links..

I had to remove links for the purpose of keeping people from bidding on my items.. Please remove link Jimp.. I gotta keep this under wraps for awhile..

Some of my items have moved up in price.. I dont want to keep this a secret, but it looks like I will no longer be able to post links until I have all the parts..

MSP,

I am not a big fan of Roots Style S/C.

http://www.proficientperformance.com/whipple-faq.htm#g

I see the goal of keeping the cost below $2,000, but we also need to keep in mind the long-term goal of not only building up a V-6 to meet or beat Stock GT and maintain the GT Base Price, we need to ensure that the build is safe for the application and causes no premature component failure.

I am not finding the 3.8L M90 listed.
http://www.allenengine.com/faq-021016.html

This is one of the areas where I think patience might payoff. :) (Did I just say that??.. LOL)

I REALLY, REALLY think that if this is going to be attempted, we can do a lot more research and wait a little for a V-6 Kit on the twin-screw platform. :) Final HP/and TQ numbers with these kits are well higher than with the Eaton Roots kit. They also produce most of their HP/TQ in the early RPM band. We need a strong level RPM/TQ curve to assist not only on launch, but also all the way through mid and high RPM...

MSP.. thoughts.. I know you are excited. So am I. I am also worried about the stock Tranny and Rear End if we push the TQ figures too much past the 250-300TQ level.

Thoughts?

Jenn

Jenns05Stang said:
MSP,

I am not a big fan of Roots Style S/C.

http://www.proficientperformance.com/whipple-faq.htm#g

I see the goal of keeping the cost below $2,000, but we also need to keep in mind the long-term goal of not only building up a V-6 to meet or beat Stock GT and maintain the GT Base Price, we need to ensure that the build is safe for the application and causes no premature component failure.

I am not finding the 3.8L M90 listed.
http://www.allenengine.com/faq-021016.html

This is one of the areas where I think patience might payoff. :) (Did I just say that??.. LOL)

I REALLY, REALLY think that if this is going to be attempted, we can do a lot more research and wait a little for a V-6 Kit on the twin-screw platform. :) Final HP/and TQ numbers with these kits are well higher than with the Eaton Roots kit. They also produce most of their HP/TQ in the early RPM band. We need a strong level RPM/TQ curve to assist not only on launch, but also all the way through mid and high RPM...

MSP.. thoughts.. I know you are excited. So am I. I am also worried about the stock Tranny and Rear End if we push the TQ figures too much past the 250-300TQ level.

Thoughts?

Jenn

Thanks for your concern Jenn. I find your presence here really exciting.. Nice to have someone with your level of "Patience and Knowledge" around.. However, I am prepared to replace the rear-end if I twist it.. But I doubt it.. I dont think I will exceed 400HP and 400ft. lbs of TQ.. I feel the stock components will suffice for this adventure.. But should I twist one, it would mean I am getting more than I bargined for and will happily replace the item.. LOL!!

Also, did you read this post?

Read all of the responses please.. Then post your thoughts.. This is based on a 3.8L.. We have a 4.0L..

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t105225.html

A 1995 T-Bird SC weighed 1678 kgs (sorry don't have the Imperial conversion but about 170 lbs more), produced 230 HP @ 4400 RPM and a whopping 330 ft/lbs of TQ @ an incredibly low 2500 RPM!! The SC was available with a 5 speed manual tranny.

As you can see JENN this must be done.. 2500RPM and 330ft lbs for a 3.8L.. Our 4.0L is going to be the GT's last race... LOL!!

Again, another 3.8L car..

http://www.datarecall.net/~tbird88/index/parts/4sale1.htm

Another 11 sec 3.8L!!

http://www.sccoa.com/member/index.php?uniquename=demmitt

Jimp said:
Just got on. I removed the link. :nice:

Thanks buddy!!

Hey Jimp, looks like we need to focus all of our efforts on the 1990 and up Thunderbirds for our needs.. Search any and all info related!! Post the links.. Look for parts and the like..

@ALL

I have found our sweet spot.. The World is ours guys and gals!! We know what must be done.. We will focus all of our efforts to the Thunderbird SC world, to bring 11 sec 2005 V6's to life.. LOL!!

hmm, this is a stock T-bird? that horse power rating i'm already probably putting out.

Also, MSP, supercharge kits come with their own tune kit, so an SCT2 prolly wouldnt do any good. And if you did a custom supercharge, i would have no idea how to optimize the computer to utilize it....

@ALL

I've heard back from one of the makers of the kit.... The information is so explosive I must remain tight lipped for now.. I am so sorry.. This is something I must do for the betterment of the entire community.. The 2005 Mustang V6 is so popular, that spewing information all over the net could jeapordize the prices in my quest for perfection..

I hope you all do not get too upset with me, but if you own a V6 you will thank me later for being selfish.. Trust me, all of my friends will be informed of the information on a need to know basis.. I jumped and got too excited in the beginning of today and have already spilled too much information out there.. Its not that I dont want anyone else to have this info, but its that if too many people respond all at once, it will basically spill the beans on a situation and drive up the prices all at once.. We cant allow that to happen.. Trust me its for your own good.. Please allow me to be silent on where I am getting parts from.. Thanks guys..

Also, just so you know we are safe, I have been promised upto 425HP(grain of salt) with this kit.. So instead of hunting for GT's later, my mission is to kill the First GT500's that hit the streets!! Dont worry, if I twist a rear-end, I will replace it.. Atleast you wont have to suffer the same fate, if our stock ones cant handle the power!!

Dont you guys understand, that we are dealing with some powerful knowledge in regards to where these items are from.. This kit still places the V6 to less than the GT's sticker price.. I cant reveal any sources right now guys.. But when I am ready to build, I need everyones help..

i wish i had your kind of money MSP. besides my wife would kill me. i'm doing good to get a dual exhaust and stripes. keep us posted as soon as you can though, maybe i can convince my wife i need 425 hp.......i know i want it LOL :banana:

texas_stang said:
i wish i had your kind of money MSP. besides my wife would kill me. i'm doing good to get a dual exhaust and stripes. keep us posted as soon as you can though, maybe i can convince my wife i need 425 hp.......i know i want it LOL :banana:

I put together a pretty good kit.. The 425HP wont happen unless I do some other engine work, but I am on the right path so far.. The hardest part is piecing together the SuperCharger pieces.. Once thats done, we will get it built up, then run it.. Then later we can start the 425HP project.. But thats quite a ways down the road.. Probably around the 3 or 4000 post count.. LOL!!