Mod bug...

This is how I ran them, I'm ok with it. How do you guys think the front fuel lines look. I also re-did the rear ones, they use to be hidden I kinda like the look of how I did them out in the open. All opins welcome
101_0047.jpg

Out with the green and in with the blue vaccum fittings
101_0041.jpg

Attachments

• 101_0047.jpg
    101_0047.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 101_0041.jpg
    101_0041.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I have always said I would to, but my motor doesnt come out much.

Maybe next time its out. It is actually a street car, a drive it quite abit but it is setup for the track. I am on the going fast thing alot more these days than looking good.

No vid yet sorry.

Put the new AJE bushings in the A-arms tonight, fought with this thing for hours. The new bushing flanges are 1/8" or so thicker. Add this up between 4 bushings on each side and guess what, the A-Arm did not wanna go in. I could trim to fit but you know what, f-that.
I tried one old bushing and one new, the A-Arm went in but a gap still exsisted. This gap I questioned AJE about numerous times and they say it is fine. I don't like it at all. There is a gap between the bushing and kmemever, but the steel sleeve that is inside the bushing does mate up with kmember. This is normal for their older kmembers they said.
Long story short my Kmemeber and A-Arms will be forsale for a steal, with new A-Arm bushings and I am going a diff route.
UGHHHHHHHHHHHH always something, I am super pist right now.

Before
Bushing broken, huge gaps
101_0058.jpg

101_0053.jpg

Bushing diff, flange is MUCH thicker
101_0064-1.jpg

In A-arm, no chance of going in kmember this way unless i destroy bushing, tons of binding or buzz the flange down so ti will go
101_0065.jpg

One old one new bushing so the A-arm would install. Still a bear to get in, and gap stiff exsist. If this is normal, which they claim this is not the kmemeber for me
101_0069.jpg

K-Member and A-arms for sale for 350$ (1/2 price) if anyone is insterested. You can call AJE and confirm the gaps are normal. I just do not want this on my car.
-Chris

Attachments

• 101_0058.jpg
    101_0058.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 101_0053.jpg
    101_0053.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 101_0064-1.jpg
    101_0064-1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 101_0065.jpg
    101_0065.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 71
  • 101_0069.jpg
    101_0069.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 61
Doubtful being a 10yr old a-arm haha

I will either ditch this entire setup, or at a min get new adj hiem style a-arms. Those come with spacers and I think the gap can be filled

The kmember setup is 10+ yrs old but I think this was the issue in the past as well.
I am honestly sick of spending at this point, but now is the time to do it if I ever plan on it since the A-arms are coming off.
oh, never mind. i thought you had gotten new ones you were thinking about and this was what you found with them.

Took a vid with my cell, not sure whats up with the sound but this is all I have for the time being. Some things are still messy but it runs! I will tidy it up once I get the suspension done and take a decent vid with my real camera so you can hear the car lol

th_VID_20120118_173008.jpg

Attachments

• th_VID_20120118_173008.jpg
    th_VID_20120118_173008.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: 1 user
Wow, that bushing deal is a mess. Swap to the heim ends, you'll love it.

If you hit a stingy tech at a NHRA track they may give you a hard time about the fuel stuff on the firewall...that is illegal but I see A LOT of them at the track. If you ever read the stuff they say about brake lines that cross over the flywheel/flex plate it would shock you since they should be in a piece of tubing to prevent an issue if the flywheel would come up through the dash. How may mustangs do you see with that?

Looks good! What size and brand waster gate is that, I still need to get one from mine, been looking at a 60mm.

The pic makes it look like the fuel stuff is on the firewall but it's not. I have seen that 1st hand when I use to tech cars at our local track, quite common.

The gate is a 44mm TiAl