Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

• Sponsors (?)

Very nice! That's a potent combo you have there.

Drivability is by far the hardest area of the tune to get right, I'm sure you know but datalogs are your best friend when it comes to tuning this area. Everytime you drive it datalog the cruise so if something funny happens you can use the log to track it.

Very nice! That's a potent combo you have there.

Drivability is by far the hardest area of the tune to get right, I'm sure you know but datalogs are your best friend when it comes to tuning this area. Everytime you drive it datalog the cruise so if something funny happens you can use the log to track it.

Absolutley . It's almost perfect . I fixed a big issue today. Rookie mistake I had the iac pinned backward . Whoops .

Reactions: 2 users
IMG_6761.JPG
For anyone who wanted to see . Here's the sheet

The belt started slipping right around 5-5500.

Got gatorbacks that came today to take care of that

Reactions: 4 users
So with all good. Comes something that needs to be fixed right ?

Starter hung up on me last night when I ran home for dinner from work.

I shut key off and it just kept cranking away . I have a mini stArter . I pull the power at battery it stops . I turn around and jump it at the sol under the hood . Stays on again so that eliminates the key switch in the car .

I disconnect the trigger wire from the sol on the fender and tap it off battery power and same thing it gets stuck on again . I pull battery cable to make it stop . So this time I leave my battery disconnected and tap the small trigger wire off power again to try and get it to unstick and sure enough it does .

Car was fine all the way back to work . Go to go home - same :poo: but this time I was able to get it to stop real quick . So I'm thinking the sol on the mini starter is actually no good . It's 5 years old . Been in the car since I own it.

Reactions: 1 user
Starters in and good now. T sump oil pan, stock k , and 1 3/4 long tubes made that interesting but I got it .

Oil is changed and new blower belt on . Cars out and rolling !

So with all good. Comes something that needs to be fixed right ?

Starter hung up on me last night when I ran home for dinner from work.

I shut key off and it just kept cranking away . I have a mini stArter . I pull the power at battery it stops . I turn around and jump it at the sol under the hood . Stays on again so that eliminates the key switch in the car .

I disconnect the trigger wire from the sol on the fender and tap it off battery power and same thing it gets stuck on again . I pull battery cable to make it stop . So this time I leave my battery disconnected and tap the small trigger wire off power again to try and get it to unstick and sure enough it does .

Car was fine all the way back to work . Go to go home - same **** but this time I was able to get it to stop real quick . So I'm thinking the sol on the mini starter is actually no good . It's 5 years old . Been in the car since I own it.

Little late coming to this thread but this exact same thing you described happened to me. I was around 16 years old and the starter kept cranking on its own. I was scratching my head on this one. Turned out to be the solenoid.
Ive only read the first few pages of the thread but very nice car!

Reactions: 1 user
Well what a weekend . Didn't go as planned but I tried like hell .

NMRA was cool as hell . They tried so hard to get that track ready but the rain just wouldn't quit .

Showed up on Friday ready to run . Got the car off the trailer around 6 . Took some shots with my buddies sisters car. Went to dinner and hit the bar . Saturday morning we teched the car in and swapped my buddies pro stars on with the et street r radials on it . Called to the lanes the rain wouldn't quit started as we got there .

Finally get called back and get 1 test hit out of the 3 we were supposed to . The car hooked and bogged . I was trying to leave soft . Then it picked the tire up in second I'm told . I knew the run was junk . Let out right before the 1/8 and coasted to a 12.2x at 110 . Lmao

The car was sucking the blower coupler in on the inlet . So before the true street cruise I just disconnected it and ran the blower with nothing on the back . Once you go on the cruise you cannot add fuel or open the hood from the time the cruise starts until after you make your third pass .

We do the cruise In the on and off rain which was a blast . 30 miles .

Get back it's rains so bad they call it for the day

Today same thing . Get the car wiped down the rain comes again. Stops again starts again over and over . NMRA finally called it around 11 and gave all the true street guys vouchers good for a year to race true street at any event . sucks I didn't get more data or the chance to put up a real number but it was still a great time .

I need to thank a lot of guys. First off Nick @84Ttop and Kris @93TRANSAM for all the help and kris always doing a killer job on the key board for me . I don't know where I'd be without these guys as what I consider close friends.

My buddy Scott and Andrew for running around like mad men to get me what I needed and help me swap tires , check air pressure etc all weekend .

Brian Freezy my cam guy who is a class act . Saw me in the pits I had something I was trying to do with the Holley he offered his knowledge and expertise and jumped right in the car and did exactly what I was trying to . Cool dude for sure !

Didn't go as planned but still. A great weekend.

IMG_6790.JPG
IMG_6770.JPG
Some pics

Attachments

• IMG_6775.JPG
    IMG_6775.JPG
    940.7 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_6778.JPG
    IMG_6778.JPG
    869 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_6784.JPG
    IMG_6784.JPG
    588 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_6791.JPG
    IMG_6791.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 117
Reactions: 5 users
Yes Congrats! too bad about the weather, but now you can regroup and hit it harder next time.
Will you be at Joilet,Il end of July?
I wish . I prob won't run it nmra again until maple grove .

Unless I can put some vacation and make Bradenton cuz that is huge for true street

i gotta say... your car is one bad ass street car man!
Thanks brother I'm glad you finally got to see it in person . Too bad it wasn't in action. Always a blast catching up and hanging out . Thank you for offering to bring me the starter as well . I truly appreciate that !!