Started the 84 t-top coupe

I must have missed it - what kind of exhaust tips are those? they look awesome!!!

Mine. Thanks

Exhaust looks great. Can you show a pic of how it routes around the axle and coil overs? I dont think I've seen anyone run tailpipes with coilovers.

The exhaust is off the car for now,should have it back on in a week, get some more pics for you.

^ Im with him, do they even make that series Falken tire anymore? I though that was the coolest tread pattern back in high school when they first came out.

This project gets sicker and sicker as the thread goes on. You gonna be at Carlisle this summer with it? I thought I saw the black and red car there a couple years ago, maybe we could represent stangnet and park next to each other at the show if you go. Although I probably wouldn't stand a chance at winning any trophy's then lol

That's a possibility.

• Sponsors (?)

That is why Terry is the master!:nice:

Thanks Bob. Well I can thank 1vetetr for turning me on to Ford Racing Parts Direct, they were the only ones that had a set of these Ford racing" Z heads" left since everyone was running an amazing deal on them.

100_1768.jpg

100_1767.jpg

100_1769.jpg

Got all the hot side stuff done with the TurboX coating, got all the cold side stuff done in powdercoat, and played around with some black chrome powdercoat for a few peices as well.
100_1776.jpg

100_1778.jpg

100_1777.jpg

Door panels came back from the upholsterer, really glad we went this way, they still have a factory feel, but match alot better
100_1774.jpg

100_1773.jpg

Are you going for an all-Ford engine? Boss block, GT-40 intake, Z heads…

Ya know, until you mentioned it I wasn't really paying attetion, it just kinda happened, was planning on different heads, but couldn't pass up the price on the Z's. Well with what came in the door today, I guess it's loking that way...

100_1792.jpg

Was playing in the powdercoat, you actually have to powdercoat in chrome first to do black chrome, or you can go over real chrome or stainless. Here are the valve covers, first with the powdercoat chrome, then the black chrome...
100_1779-Copy.jpg

100_1780.jpg

Oh yea, this came today, there was no worry about availability...
100_1791.jpg

Ya know, until you mentioned it I wasn't really paying attetion, it just kinda happened, was planning on different heads, but couldn't pass up the price on the Z's. Well with what came in the door today, I guess it's loking that way...

100_1792.jpg

Nice! Well, I kind of like the fact that you're using all Ford stuff, you can tell all the haters to suck it, haha.

The VCs look great. Funny you posted the plate, I was actually just looking at personalized license plates. Here in Indiana though, if I were to register for one today, I wouldn't actually get it until January 2011. :notnice:

Got the wiper motor relocator done. It turns out that an 84 has a larger wiper motor than a 93, so I fabbed a new version, this mounts on the backside of the firewall and under the cowell with three bolts.
100_1805.jpg

100_1806.jpg

100_1807.jpg

100_1822.jpg

Fuel system arrived
100_1821.jpg

Have started assembling now, got a nice set of powdercoated valve covers that don't clear, any takers :lol:
100_1812.jpg

100_1819.jpg